Saturday, January 20, 2007

Hectic Week – Part 6: Meme

As though I didn’t have enough on my plate, some “evil” soul tagged me for this meme. :P

But of course, it is also self-inflicted as I am responding to it. Literally, an "Oh, beat me! Beat me!" kind of scenario. So, here goes my 5 all time favourite movies:

1. Pretty Woman – YEAH! I can’t believe it myself, but have seen it like seven times already. The last time I watched it was eons ago, but I still remember the story. What is the appeal? Well, you tell me. There's love, there's misunderstanding, there's bits of this and that. And of course, there's Julia Roberts with the fabulous legs! Have you seen her wearing those leather boots? Mamamiaaaa! A must watch for all. Fairy tale, anyone? :P

2. Silence of the Lambs – Wow!, the intensity of the entire movie. What better way to find a killer than to put yourself to think like the killer via another complete sociopath! Two memorable scenes which were simply very, very well done. The first, the way Dr. Hannibal Lector escaped from the prison cage, and the second, in the darkened hideout beneath the house when Clarice Starling was hunting, and in turn, being hunted by a serial killer.

3. Return of the King – Actually, I liked all three Lord of the Ring movies. As for the book, I read quite a long ago, good, but difficult to get into. For the movie, there was this one scene in the final instalment, when Aragorn said to the hobbits, “No, it is I who should kneel to you”, and he knelt, and all around him knelt to the hobbits in acknowledgement for their courage and inner strength. What little hairs on my arm literally stood on end.

4. Ghost – The one where Demi Moore sported the short hairdo, and spoke with a slightly husky voice. Oooooo-la-la! The whole movie was good, there was sadness, love, humour, murder, etc. And the final scene when she was crying tears of happiness because she managed to see him one more time before he “had to go”… awwwww. If you have seen the movie, hope you cried buckets… yeah, I am a romantic at heart.

5. Star Trek: The Next Generation – Been a follower of Captain Jean-Luc Picard’s adventures on the starship enterprise, even from the tv series. So, how not to “don’t like” the movie? Actually, I didn’t think it was brilliant, but more of a “package deal” from all the trekkie series I followed which made it great for me. “Captain’s Log 2682308 – blah, blah, blah - To boldly go, where no man has gone before”.

So, there you have it. My 5 all-time favourite films. There are many more which I liked, but not necessarily considered as favourites. And here’s to tagging laymank, eddy, schola, and bryan for this very same meme. Enjoy...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi!! Hahahha! I like the movies you stated as well, especially Pretty Woman and Ghost. I think, Silence of the Lambs is the movie that spurred Hannibal and Red Dragon. I love Anthony Hopkins!

You should watch Human Stains if you like Mr Hopkins.

Anonymous said...

yor! i got tagged!

eddY said...

alamak.. i oso kena... haven't been tagged for sometime liao. okok... got to recall all my fav movies liao... ehehehe...

Unknown said...

aiyo.. me damn slow la.. now only i realise i'm tagged! bah.. u'll just have to wait for me to BEAT u la! hahaha