Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year 2007

As the sure as the turning of tides, the New Year dawns.
A time for reflection, a time to recollect.
Most importantly, a time to move ahead.
History remains history, regrets remain regrets.
We can't change the last hour, not even the previous minute.

At this time of the year, new resolutions would be plentiful.
Have never kept mine for the past many years.
All to do with keeping fitter and looking trimmer.
This year though, besides my usual vow for a trimmer me,
I would aim for a better me, by striving to be more humble.

Arrogance and snobbery have crept in as the years progressed.
Is it a natural occurence with age and experience?
I seek to remind myself of maintaining humility.
Only being humble, would I be a better person.
So, as the dawn of the New Year approaches,
here's to a better year ahead.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good goals!

Humility is always a virtue in the eyes of man as well as the Almighty.

Just don't end up as 'Proud to be humble'. :)

God bless you.

:)

Anonymous said...

Hi! Happy New Year 2007!! Hope you have a good one.

Anonymous said...

New Year new resolutions,
Once made we persevere,
Through time and revelations,
We succeed and revered!

hopes all our resolutions will made through this year. Happy New Year 2 u!