Friday, September 01, 2006

My lunchtime interlude

I first caught sight of her as I was trying to cross the busy street. Cars wheezing pass dangerously close, noisily honking as I almost lost my attention. People talk about first impressions being everlasting, and my, did hers come across like a smack on my entire being. Jolted to the core, I wanted to rush over and introduce myself, but at the same time, wondered how such a lowly me would be received by such a beautiful being. Her long silky hair cascading down, her gentle sway, seemed to be further enrapturing.

As I approached, she stopped and looked at me with her oh so beautiful eyes. A smile slowly came to her lips, and my, how a man could literally drown in such wonder. No words were exchanged, yet a look was all it took, as she followed beside me down the street. As I furtively glanced at her as we walked, I noticed her eyes would stray to me and smile that secret smile.

I contemplated bringing her home, but it was the middle of the day. Wouldn’t do me good to rush home, and be back out to work again. Further more, I had an all important presentation to deliver which I couldn’t get out off. Could I lock her up somewhere? Where do I find a cage big enough? Or is that too cruel a nature to do so? As my heart began to hammer, afraid that I would lose her, it dawned upon me that I don’t even know her name. But what is in a name anyway, when two connect?

Before I knew it, we came to an intersection. She stopped, looked at me for a bit and indicated that she had to go. Time was too short! Oh the cruelty in life. Will our paths ever cross? Will I lose my sanity thinking of the time which we could have? Will I ever be the same?

My heart heavy, I finally relented and accepted the fact for what it was. I squatted down and held up my hand to say goodbye. She extended her front right paw and gave mine a gentle shake before she sashayed down the street with her tail gently swinging. Alas, there goes my four legged friend….., but what a story it could have been otherwise. :)

2 comments:

Gina said...

You have a thing for b*tches eh? LOL!

Alex said...

MUAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA