Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Of things that grow in the back garden

How many times have you gone behind your house to "look-see-look-see"? Do you know what's behind your house? Are there any shrubs? plants? trees? fishes? puppies? or err.... other things better left unsaid. What!?! No human remains buried behind your house? SURE? you checked? :P

Went picking rambutans in the backyard in Sarawak when I was last home. I like yellow rambutans, particularly the ones in the garden. Plucked a box full to ta-pau to KL. Last I heard, my parents mentioned that there are even more rambutans ripening now, and even being given away, there are still a lot left!

Came across this funny looking plant? vegetable? What can it be? I was initially perplexed, but finally it dawned upon me what it was. Have you ever seen a loofah in its original state? Well, here it is! My first time seeing it, and it was growing in the back garden (and I didn't even know!!).




Last Christmas (or was it the one before), I went through a soap phase, and bought lots of scented and other unique soaps to use and to give away as pressies. Actually, I don't know why soaps are so expensive, especially the novelty ones, but hey, it was a closing down sale, so whacked as many as I could (still have some unused to this day). And what has this got to do with loofah? Well, maybe I should follow through a similar kind of phase for this Christmas.. heeheee...!!! :)

No comments: