Monday, August 21, 2006

Of things that crawl and tails detach

Recently at work, we found out that one of my colleagues has a great fear of lizards, especially the tail which could be detached and still wiggle as the lizard scrambles away. So, a few of us got our creative minds together and came up with this poem, specially dedicated to our colleague, Meme.


***********************************************

A special ode we make,
with multiple thoughts we rake.
To our Ol'dear Meme we bake,
a squishy tale to awake.

Of little reptiles lounging around,
with swinging tails plenty abound.
Small lofty eyes to assay Meme, her majesty,
minute orotund tones to soothe with her pleasantry.

As she clings upon the silvery wall,
Like an avenging arrow, she plans its fall,
She lets fling her well lubed hind.
On Ol'dear Meme's cheek it doth straight find.

Cold and clammy this little beast,
Not at all desirable to say the least.
What fashion sense this beast has, to go tail less?
Ol'dear Meme, is her majesty really fearless?

Wiggle it goes, on and on, on soft smooth skin,
Away it would go, had it not been so thick skinned,
Our whiter paler majesty, managed to jump and scream,
In a manner, never witnessed before by the CBL Team.

That fashionable beast, sauntered away to hide,
From all the fuss and noise that would have held back the tide,
With lucky stars shining ever so brightly on Ol'dear Meme,
Pigs flew, tails flew, but wouldn't stop our Screaming Meme!!

15 comments:

laymank said...

yoo hoo...!!

please don't tell me that's your hand in the picture!

Alex said...

:P

Are you also wary of lizards? :)

Gina said...

Eyeh.. you are terribly disgusting!!! If you are such a hero - let's see you EAT one! Heheh!

laymank said...

yup!!
EAT! EAT! EAT!

Alex said...

Hey Gina, me never say me hero oh!

Hey laymank, you and Gina want to share the lizard? Can BBQ it! :)
I almost tried cicada roasted over a fire before, but the key word is "almost".

Anonymous said...

( mmmm Soft violin music in the background ....)

Dear Alex & Co-Poet KKC,

As my eyes ran through the lines of the special ....dedication, i felt a rush of emotions ( .......hands grasping my mouth and hands reaching for tissue ....) , I had to ooh ( music got interrupted )...ohh....to hold back my my



MY PUKE @#$%^&*!!!!


Yes, finally I am so OVER IT and I am breaking my silence after 48 hours ??? In any case, a lesson well learnt is that " To get over your fear, confront it !!! " . In this case , it was thrown in my face !!!!

Cicak only mah ...no need to be scared! ( VERY LOUD )

BBQ style or deep fry,
If you see the cicak in my porch has no tails , u know why

( Tip : Pick the cicak in the car porch, they are fatter and tougher than the in-house cicak)

Squishy and chewwy , sthg like kerabu sotong,
But more like mushrooms with juices oozing as you bite,Top it off with the ticklish sensation as it wriggles and squirms in between your teeth . Enjoy the after taste !!!!!

Yo Gina & LayMank! I luv your comments . Will let u know how Alex do , if I ever have the opportunity to serve him "Char Cicak".

Char Cicak Ci Pua ( Hokkien) for my frens.

Gotta go and catch Spiderman !!!

CicakWoman

Anonymous said...

Since I was one of the movers for this, I shall contribute the last few verses to complete it. ;)

Especially dedicate to our beloved CicakWoman:

Forcefully she beats a retreat,
Meeting the kinetic theory of heat.
It was such an acrobatic feat,
Whilst we guffawed with crow's feet.

Ol'dear Meme, is it a trick or a treat?
Her face has gone white as a sheet,
Yet she suggested lizard meat,
She is no woman on the street.

Since she has been nice and sweet,
We've come up with something neat.
With an ingratiating grin and being discreet,
We promise to shower her with lots of "treat".

Alex said...

HAHAHAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..... ;P

Gina said...

I almost ate one before, so I think I should get the title, Cicakwoman. Hahahahah.

laymank said...

I, too had the heart to heart race (cicak fell on my chest when i was lying down and facing upward), just that my heartbeat was 10 times faster that the cicak's.

I deserve title, 'cicak heart'.
heehee...

And happy birthday! eh...how old already...?? ;p

laymank said...

oh yea... did you try the Char Cicak Ci Pua today??

Muahahahaha!

Alex said...

Hi Elaine! How are you doing!! :)
Tried contacting you before, but somehow lost touch! Yes, I still sing (am taking lessons again), still read sci-fi, but don't play the piano much anymore! Hope all is well. Thanks for the Bday wishes! Keep in touch! :)

Hey Laymank! Hahahaaaa! Just the other day, another colleague commented that perhaps one day, when Meme sleeps, the cicak's tail will fall into her mouth and continue wiggling there!!! :P Hey, I thought you don't like cockroaches? Lizards also ah! :)
Nope, haven't tried the Char Cicak Ci Pua... yet...

Anonymous said...

Hey alex can be that brave to hold a cicak....

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday.
poor meme.....me dun like cicak too

opj

Alex said...

Hi lsg, doubt me not! Am I perceived to be such a weakling? Sad! :P

Hi opj, thanks! :) you don't like cicak too? hmmm... will construct a special poem for you too.... one day! :P