Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Confusion

Was driving the other day, and suddenly saw this sign when I was queuing at a junction on the way to work. “CAT RUMAH?” huh? House for cats? Then, realization dawned after reading the second portion, “Potong Rumput”. Oh!

“Cat Rumah” = “Paint House”

This reminded me of the various times I would go and pump petrol. There is usually a sign which says “AIR”. I always have to think, “Is it Water? Or is it Air for my car tyre?”. Hmm…

I guess I would read and think in English first as opposed to Malay. Can be confusing at times.

3 comments:

laymank said...

does not mean you were holding your camera phone while driving, and took the picture?

hmm... this can be an evidence... hehehe

Alex said...

Hey laymank, hahahaaa. Actually, my car was stationary while I took the pic. Was in queue waiting to turn a junction. :)

Anonymous said...

I saw one signboard when I was in Kuching - "Slow man at work."

It actually means - SLOW DOWN, men at work.