Sunday, September 03, 2006

A time of reflection

The weekend has come and gone,
Another moment in time has flown.
A quiet time I had, with some reading done,
To minimise dosh being uselessly blown.

The eight month has passed me by,
Busy with activities I do but try.
A crying plea sometimes resound,
To slow my pace and to rest abound.

Life is a journey some say,
To what end has mine achieved today?
Acquaintances a plenty, true friends a few,
Does my heart have more room for new?

The drumming propels me further forth,
A lone person I do but seek north.
Someone I pine, yet can it ever be?
My heart taken and may never again free.

So to dispel the shadowy hours,
A new seed needs to flower.
Trumpets blast and tubas boom,
A new space must I find room?

Yet, longing is for that long time past,
Feelings linger ever more to last.
How can I let go of my one true grasp?
But truly, I want it all with hands a clasp.

So time spend in reflection,
Perhaps will be good for me.
With arguments of deflection,
Must never be put to be.

I ponder yet, my purpose in life,
Is it to end, or to bring more strife.
Who shall I look to for a saving grace?
A softer heart, my soul to brace.

8 comments:

laymank said...

Wow! masterpiece ah?

Alex said...

hey laymank,
no masterpiece here, just humble thoughts...

Gina said...

How fast time flies! It's good to sit back and reflect what you have done the past 8 months and plan again for the remaining of the year. Sigh. All I did was makan, party and travel.

Alex said...

Hey gina, some consider makan, party and travel a virtual luxury. Enjoy while you may... :)

laymank said...

I makan little, no party at all, no travel as well...

I cannot enjoy life!!

Anonymous said...

Time really past by very fast. The minute you wake up, off you go for work without gazing the sun rise and soon it becomes dark. Weekend is the only proper moments for me to catch up my personal activities and rest as well. And there goes the 52 weeks for another yr past by. In and out is the same for changes is sort after. Life makes brighter with yr frds and family surrounding you. Life goes on. How's that? Heehee

Alex said...

Hey laymank, I makan a lot, travel a bit, but no partying. So, I guess, am enjoying life to an extent. but, as long as contented, ok'lah! :P

Hey anonymous, true. very true. For many, that's a way of life, especially working in the city. Ever considered a change of scene? move to kampung style life? slower pace, but then, if you are the restless type, probably not a good idea. I guess our recreational activities are what sustain us over these periods, no matter how limited the time may be...

Anonymous said...

Perhaps too much of recreational activities might not be good for oneself. Striking a balance between one own private life and recreational for a more complete life instead. Staying in city with a family of course would be more hectic compared to kampung. Singles in city would be luxurious. Personally, I don't see much different for a family to stay in cities so long as commitment and planning should be there.