Thursday, November 30, 2006

A brief escapade – part 4 – What Nots

Whilst walking around the street in search of the coffee place, I saw this scene which sort of captivated me somewhat. Purely a pleasure shot of life in the slower lane, away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Yes, yes, no doubt we can see such scenes also in the city, but walking along the street, and encountering such without the endless traffic noise somehow put a different feel to the entire experience.

And what else did we do in Tanjung Sepat? We visited the mushroom cultivation centre thingy. A lady (doesn’t speak English) gave us a brief tour of the place in Chinese (err.. right, as though I would understand), but had some brief translations from my friends who are more Chinese savvy than me. There were actually quite a lot of variety of mushrooms grown, and one which reminded me of the Starship Enterprise! For a moment when I “got lost” taking pictures, my mind was wandering, imagining a “far away” scene with mushrooms flying all about engaged in a battle to end all battles – with Captain Jean-Luc Picard on the Starship Enterprise ready to save the day, blasting those nasty looking brown mushrooms to kingdom come!

When we were also sightseeing, we saw some poles lining the pier, and it is always interesting to peer down the pier poles to see what’s inside. A streak of voyeurism in me? :P Surprisingly, I had expected the poles to be quite similar when I sneeked a peek at the top bit, but there were quite a variety which I noted.



And to end my post on this brief escapade, just wanted to show this picture which I particularly like. One of my favourite looking pole (if I can consider it such – and if you are laughing thinking of dirty thoughts, go "whack" yourself!) :P It is this one which had a plant growing in the middle top portion. I call it “Within barrenness, Life!”……

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah.. the last pic look really cool.

Eh.. how come you didn't post your hokkien CD Cover shots? Hahahahhaah!!!!

laymank said...

I could not figure out what dirty thoughts can be conjured by looking at the picture.

hmm... i like the way you think...

Alex said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alex said...

Hi ky, thanks! As for the Hokkien pic, that one will require a SPECIAL post... wait! :)

Hi laymank, not in the picture, but in the choice of words used (it was more blatant when I wrote it initially, but tempered down somewhat after a bit of editing). :) Like the way I think? In what way? :P

eddY said...

hey u seems to luv takin pics. was amazed lookin at so many diff type of mushroom. diff shape and color just like our bangsa malaysia. muahahah... and the best is the star trek spaceship look alike... cool!

Anonymous said...

Actually, I never thought of anything dirty until laymank opened his mouth. Eeeeee......