Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The end... ?

Nicked this from a friend's blog (thanks KY!), and I must say, I was very surprised, and went like "Wow!".

Being on stage performing, I don't get to see the lighting effects, nor did I get to see what was being projected at which songs, etc. It certainly adds a different feel or dimension to the entire show. Well, I sort of knew there were some stuffs being projected, but didn't know what and for which songs.

Yes, must definitely thank our artistic director and choreographer, Michael Xavier Voon for getting involved in our production.

As for the whites which we wore, damnit!, it looked good on stage. When we were initially told that white would be the colour for the first half, I was going like oh no!, not my colour at all. But with everyone wearing white, combined with the lighting effects, it does look good indeed! Thank you Sam! :)

For the music, well, there were moments I guess, but admittedly, some songs were pretty messy. Pitching was off on occassion, but more often than not, it was spot on. Nevertheless, there were magical moments for me, even when I was singing, particularly for the slower songs. As for the "kayu"ness, I guess the more we perform, the better we get. Can only learn through experience, no doubt some are a natural at it! - yes ZL! :), but I am still learning myself...

For the voices, two for me were outstanding, WM and JP, my seniors in the music school (VTM) in Taman Desa where we take lessons. I guess I have a few more years to go in vocal training before I get to their current level of singing. Hearing them gives me inspiration to want to sing better.

Overall, coming from someone who was involved in the production, it was very hectic/stressful to handle both the musical aspect as well as the production of the show (and the choreo - sooo susah man oh man - especially for William Tell - but it did look good!). But am also glad that every member took on some role in contributing to the show. Well done to all the members. And you know what? Considering that this was done by almost all who have other full time job commitments, I feel a better sense of achievement.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah. It is so hard to juggle work and social life, what more when you have such a niche hobby! I am glad you are able to balance everything miraculously! And did pretty well in almost everything!

laymank said...

now brings up another question.

what's the prerequisite acceptance requirement to WP ah?

:)

Anonymous said...

The lighting effects looks good indeed. Aiyah, missed it. VCD later!

eddY said...

yeah wat r the requirements? but one thing i know for sure is being able to juggle many many tasks (multi-tasking) at one go... and you guys did it pretty well... BRAVO!!!:D

Anonymous said...

Hey, Do you have any pictures of the group, and those pics, did your fren take it for you??

Alex said...

Hi gina, thanks! to be truthful, not quite everything, but hopefully getting there one day! :)

Hi laymank and Eddy, what's the prerequisite? don't know really. I guess, pleasant to the eyes :P, can sing "a bit" :), and err.. as gina put it, more "leng chai's"? Hahahaaaaaa

Hi lsg, yeah, am also waiting for the vcd... wait.. wait.. wait..

Hi Bryan, got some group pics (but thought Nige sent to all already?). I have a few others, but not quite everyone. Will send you some which I have later (don't have it with me now). As for the one on this post, my friend took the shots, but she said not quite clear and did a bit of her "magic" to make it look nice as you see it here! :) I think the group also hired a photographer, so more pics to come later.. possible also a cd of the show songs, and a vcd/dvd of the show itself.

Anonymous said...

NIgel send to all meh...?? I din receive it leh. I got Sam's and MXV's one. but not from Nigel. IF you have can, send it over to gmail, thnx

Alex said...

Hey bryan, ok. will check. May not have been from nigel. But yes, I do recall Sam and MXV sending some over. Hold your horses! :)