Monday, November 13, 2006

Of things to eat and be "naughty"

Do you know? I have not been blogging about food for quite a while already. It's not that I have not been eating, on the contrary but decided to stay off food posts for a while. Until NOW, that is. As Malaysians, food is perpetually on our thoughts, what with the myriad of choices we have. Really a spoilt lot we are. Tell me how not to put on weight? :)

Talking about not putting on weight, incidentally, last night during a few minutes break from rehearsals, one of the WP members commented that she was feeling very tired. Another member who is into energy healing, reading auras, etc... attempted to "call back" the energy around the WP member to enhance her well being. Not sure if it worked though, as I forgot to ask. I did enquire if he could make me eat less with the energy he channels, but he laughed and said he is still figuring out how to do that for himself! :P

Ok, back to topic, went for lunch at this Thai outlet in GE Mall a few days back. When it first opened, the service was very, very slow, perhaps it was some teething problems, but now, service has improved by the leaps and bounds. However, food quality doesn't seem to be consistent. At times, the food tasted super good, other days, so so only. Guess it really depends on the cook. Another thing my colleagues and I noticed is that the portions seemed to have shrunk. Inflation adjustment via quantity as opposed to price? Hmm... I wonder how many outlets do this perhaps to combat rising costs. I had my fried Tung Fun with seafood. Presentation of the food so so only, but the taste was there. Portion a mite small, but I had my dessert so all in all, it was just nice. Not overly full, and yet, enough to satisfy my appetite.

Incidentally, was reading another friend's blog, and was extremely tempted by the picture of the succulent satay (almost salivating thinking about it again), and when my family went to Lala Chong for some seafood fare last Saturday, just couldn't resist the satay being offered as well. Some of the WP members have advised all to be careful of what we eat and drink, and to preserve our voices for this coming concert. But heck! Satay woh! With lots of the peanut sauce! How to resist?

Alas, succumbed to temptation and whacked at least 10 sticks of the meat. As for the main reason we were there, we had some crabs for dinner, some lala soupy thingy (which was quite nice), heat salted fish (direct translation from Chinese), some marmite chicken, and some veggie. Hehe, this is one veggie which I know the name in Chinese, but am very hesistant to pronounce it, cos I always get it wrong! - kwai something meu (I think)! :P

Now, am not sure if it is psychological guilt or not, but throat seems a bit sensitive. Perhaps I have been also snacking on other fried stuff... (ahem), but that shall remain a secret for now....!

6 comments:

laymank said...

a secret remains unfold if it is untold.

now, is it still a secret..??

preserve your voice leh... i'm gonna be there to judge!
or will i get goosebumps?

Unknown said...

It's called 'Kwai Tau Miu'.

Anonymous said...

When we asked you to eat satay you said this and that cannot.. clubbing cannot lah.. have to rest early to preserve the voice lah... this and that.. then behind us, you pigged like this? Aiseh. Shame on you. Hahahah!!

Alex said...

Hey laymank, when you hear a song and you get goosebumps, it is supposed to be good oh! :P

Hey Trisha, AH SO! Now I remember! Can order it again next time I go makan and also order the FAAT PUUT (ang mo slang).

Hey Gina, it is because I had already pigged like this just before the meet up, that I cannot eat satay that night again. Incidentally, I makan satay again on Monday night. Now regret already. :(

eddY said...

whoa... satay really can drive ppl crazy ar? hmmm... listening to it already made me salivate... luckily no pics :p even how much the craving is, it's better to preserve your voice for the months of hardwork u been putting thru for this coming weekend performance. bravo!

Alex said...

Hi eddy, satay makes SOME people crazy.. :P Actually, for me, it's not so much the satay itself, but more the ketupat and the satay sauce!