Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Rub a left, rub a right!

The WP concert is next week, and am getting a tad apprehensive. Sometimes ah, I wonder if girls have an advantage over guys - in terms of multi tasking I mean. For me, I know my music reasonably well, but am still prone to mental block just before I go on stage. But that's not the real question. It's more like, when I move (i.e. do some choreograph movements), my focus tend to shift, and I lose concentration on my music and can totally lose what I am supposed to be singing. In the end, choreo is disrupted, singing also disrupted. One of the girls in the group mentioned that girls are better at it because of what "left brain/right brain" usage thingy (huh?). I think I came across a joke like email on this once, but only like a vague recollection.

I would have thought that in my line of work, I should be able to multi task a bit, especially when I am on the phone to someone, but can still pick up conversations around me. Sometimes it's tough, but sometimes do-able. I wonder if it needs some kind of "conditioning". I know in my line of work, I am supposed to be able to shift focus from one task to another quickly, as something urgent may creep up which require my full concentration. But to multi task? Why is it so difficult? Should I hide behind the excuse that I am a guy? (sigh... - and NO! before you even think it, I am not sighing because I am a guy! LOL!!!, but more because I have trouble multi tasking)... (sigh, sigh, and double sigh)...

I recall playing a game once, when I have to rub my tummy with my left hand in a clockwise motion (hmm, no wonder my tummy is so round!), and place my right hand above my head and do a circular anti clockwise motion. I guess I can still do, but have to focus hard to be able to do it. Eh? Easy meh? You can ah? :P Try the same thing but your right hand above your head with palms facing outwards in a circular anti clockwise motion.. (with your left hand still rubbing your tummy clockwise of course!) :)

Think I will need more divine inspiration to not be so kayu next week and to remember my steps and music well. Must also remember to have more fun and not be too stressed! Pray, pray, pray...

6 comments:

laymank said...

yoh!! sounds really stressed out...

maybe should 'trim' down a little on the movements? or make more repetitive moves to seal them to the subcon?

Anonymous said...

Well, I think you told me before, if you think you can, you can one. I find this very true:-

“When your determination changes, everything will begin to move in the direction you desire. The moment you resolve to be victorious, every nerve and fibre in your being will immediately orient itself towards your success. On the other hand, if you think, 'This is never going to work out,' then at that instant every cell in your being will be deflated and give up the fight. Then everything really will move in the direction of failure.”- by Daisaku Ikeda

Alex said...

Hey laymank, I think the group has trimmed bits and pieces, simplified some others, etc. But still quite a bit of movements loh, particularly for the faster songs!

Hey gina, thanks for the reminder. Think positive, think positive, think positive... :)

eddY said...

hey i tried out tt rubing tummy n forehead and it works... ehehehe...
i believe all of us can multi-task, maybe it's the pressure of the concert tt's comin tt makes it less do-able. but believe in urself and u can do miracles. all da best in ur performance!:D

Alex said...

Hey eddy, try doing that and having to sing at the same time! :P

yeah, I guess it just need repetitive practice. fingers crossed all will go well! :)

eddY said...

yeah alex, u r rite. doin all 2gether really sthg man... yeah if u can make it like a habit then it'll auto synch itself. ehehehe..