Monday, November 20, 2006

It is over? It is over?!!

Yes, after all the months of rehearsing, and the intense sessions over the past two weeks, the "Mostly, We Moon..." concert is over. There is a feeling of gladness that it is over, yet there is also the feeling that "Hang on! I don't want it to end!". All the joys and tears, have been summed up nicely in our finale song "I'll be there".

Out of the entire session, I personally felt that Saturday night was our best night, followed by our Sunday night show, Sunday matinee show, Thursday's HOSPIS charity show, and Friday night show. Overall, it has been a personal journey of learning and sharing with the group, especially the various ups and downs during the various sessions. Am glad that the group managed to stay tight through it all.

To be critical, there were definitely areas which could be improved, especially in terms of music, but as the show progressed, we managed to iron out the "nitty-gritty" areas and presented a more coherent show in terms of music togetherness. Am glad the last show closed with a "Bang!". The crowd was great, was very supportive and it is always so good to see the audience getting into the music.

My personal favourites in terms of songs? I guess some would prefer the faster songs, whilst others prefered the slower ones. I personally liked "Loch Lomond" because of the tightness of the song and the beautiful overall feel, and of course, "Mbube". Mbube was done best on Saturday night I think. I literally felt the "magic" and a peaceful feel came upon me when the medley of "Hijau" came in. There were other brilliant moments for me, but that's for another day.

It is over? It is really over?!! Would like to thank all who came and supported in one way or another. Hope a good and an enjoyable time had been experienced by all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. I enjoyed it very much, despite some disturbances from some of the audience. Can they bring kids to the show? Gawd.

I was bowled over. I wish the session would not end. :)

Allan Yap & Nigel A. Skelchy said...

Dude

You da best

Thanks so much for all that you've taught me with regard to music and hard work. I'm a lazy bum at heart and it's really inspirational to see you work so hard and come so far with your performance and singing. It gives me the impetus to take it that step further and sit at the piano/clavi one song longer even if I don't "feel" like it.

Big hugs and much luv.

laymank said...

It was a great performance, albeit you said Friday's show was the last in your feel, I have enjoyed nonetheless, with few goosebumps here and there.

so proud of knowing you... and glad that there was no business trip this round to deprive me of the experience.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hey, We all did great. Personally I feel a real sense of achievement after the show. I SANG WITH THE WICKED PITCHES thanks to you dude!!!

Seriously we should all pat ourselves on the back even when we know that we could have done better, but that is something to talk about another day...

Once again, Good Job

Alex said...

Hi gina, glad you liked the show! Kids? should welcome them! and nurture their interest in acapella music! Never too young to start! :P

Hi nige, you are a natural on stage, and really shone with your personality! So many loved to see you on stage! And you know what?, your commitment showed through this time more solidly too. Very well done, esp on the publicity running up to the show! :)

Hi laymank, glad you could make it this time, and pleased that you enjoyed it. Good goosebumps I hope! :P

Hi Bryan, for a first timer on stage, you did wonderful! :) Well done to you, and yes, I got you an audition, BUT really, the rest was purely your own effort and commitment. Very well done! Enjoyed performing with you! Hope you are not suffering from too much post-show blues! :)

eddY said...

hey! great job! all of u deserved a big pat! i enjoyed it throughout :D

laymank said...

Bravo! Bravo!!