Friday, October 20, 2006

Of things being worn and dangle

Accessorisation. What a word, but I can’t find it in my dictionary. I have seen more and more people nowadays either trying to be hip, or showing their uniqueness or personality by wearing accessories; earrings, toe rings, necklaces, rings, nail paintings, belts, sashes, etc. Used to be predominantly females wearing accessories, but the male gender is catching up with the fad. Have seen many of my male friends wearing rings, necklaces, earrings, bracelets and a whole lot more of different paraphernalia.

Body piercing would be another form of accessorisation I guess. Have seen someone with eyebrow piercing, and I learnt a new word about body piercing from some conversations over dinner a few week’s back. Fancy a prince albert piercing? :P

When I was younger (not that long ago, mind you), I had actually contemplated having my ears pierced, and even pakat with some friends to get it done together, but until today, my ears remain untouched by the needles. I was looking at a friend’s earrings (not one, not two, and not even three…) and marveled at how the ear can withstand so many piercings. I guess it must hurt “a little” initially (and doubt if it was done all at once), but the pleasure derived must be significant.

Tattoos? Have always thought about getting a tattoo as well but am sort of worried about the pain which may go with it. Actually, I am still mulling over whether or not to get a tattoo of a tribal design on my arms but until now (even after 10 years) have not decided yet. My younger sister told me to just go get it done and don’t think about it too much (she had hers done on her upper posterior). Come to think of it, most of my younger uncles have some form of tattoos, and some of my cousins too for that matter. Considering I come from the land where such tribal designs (Iban) are very famous worldwide, I have yet to get mine done. Hmm.. Will see, will see…

A friend of mine is also into accessories, and has taken the hobby up a notch. She designs as well as makes the accessories herself. Yes, she does offer them for sale, and the stuff may be found at Bubbles. I have bought quite a few actually, not for myself, but on behalf of my sisters or mum. Also got some as birthday presents and reckon they make good festive gifts too. Unfortunately, my friend has not ventured to make accessories for guys yet, so I guess I have to wait a bit.

Myself? What do I wear now? Never had a dog tag (is it still in fashion?), but had a silver bracelet long long time ago when I was still in secondary school. Think I still have it in a drawer somewhere. Necklace? Again, the key word is “used” to wear a chain with a cross on it, but have kept it in the locker, although I have considered re-wearing again. Went through various wayward phases, so a bit heavy on my conscience. Also used to wear an eternity ring (given by my very first gf, but we parted ways after college), but unfortunately my fingers have grown “a bit” fleshier over the years and can’t fit any more…

2 comments:

Gina said...

Eh.. the link to Bubbles doesn't work leh.

Alex said...

thanks! Fixed liao.... :P