Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Sunrise

Have not been usually captivated by sunrises, but at times, certain images just catch my attention. Took these while I was going to work one day. Have seen nicer sunrises I guess, but sometimes, it is not only the “big things” in life that makes you go “wow”, but the “little things” also. I think it is a moment thing, and how I must have been feeling while I was walking to my car, grateful that is, for the simple things in life:

a. that I am blessed with a roof over my head
b. that I am able to walk and talk
c. that I am in reasonably good health (still need to lose those extra kilos!)
d. that I have a job and steady income to pay my bills
e. that I am blessed with good friends and family

There are many more things for me to be grateful about, and although sometimes I feel ungrateful, take people for granted or just feel unreasonably envious, at the end of the day (or the start of the day in this case), a sense of peace just descends and contentment sets in to put a smile on my face.

Yes, there are many other things which I would like to achieve while I still can, especially my wish to travel the world and experience other cultures, but at the end of the day, life is a series of experiences, and thank God, I am still here, and can still feel grateful.

Have you ever stopped whatever you were doing, take a moment for yourself, think a happy thought, or about someone you love or care for deeply, and smile? Try it sometime, it is a very good feeling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, you're poetic person as well as imaginative too. Trevelling and sight seeing definately fun.