Sunday, July 23, 2006

China - facets of life (a snapshot)

Traditionally clad women walking the streets of Lijiang.

The next generation, without any worldly cares, plucking flower petals to throw into the river to attract and feed the fishes.

An old timer in Lijiang ancient town, sitting under the shade of an overhanging tree, watching the world go by, enjoying his mug of tea.

Another old timer, studying the carvings on the "pole"(?) of the bridge, overlooking a slow flowing river.

A young chap, earning his keep, molding and carving trinkets for sale. Incidentally, Lijiang is famous for silver.

A man on his motorbike in Dali, waiting to pick up his companion after a day's hard work.

A pretty young thing, smiling just for me as I was walking pass (ahem!).

We saw many puppies there, but didn't see bigger dogs. Wonder why... hmmm... perhaps most ended up in pots somewhere? (EGADS!!! horrible thought!).

2 comments:

Gina said...

Wah... you took all those pics?? I am impressed. I particularly like the black and white ah pek.

Alex said...

Hey Gina, yep! I don't have a digital camera, so I took all the pics from my 2.0 megapixels Sony Ericsson camera phone! :)

I have the "ah pek" pic in Sepia too!