Sunday, July 23, 2006

Kiasee - ness

Had an "encounter" of the difficult kind this morning. Well, perhaps if I try to be "less difficult" myself, the encounter need not have happenned, and over something so simple as acknowledgment of a document. The story goes like this:

I am the Treasurer for something, and hence, needed to prepare budget, maintain accounts, etc. So, audit time comes, and I was asked to submit my accounts to the office. There I trot, everything in order (I hope), and gave just my spare copy of the accounts with original receipts for claims made. The lady at the counter told me that normally, treasurers will give the entire file for audit, and the file will be returned. I hesitated a bit, as was not informed by my "chief" about this (yeah, this is the first time I am being treasurer), and remembering what my "chief" said about doing things with less hassle, I gave the file over, and asked for an acknowledgment on my spare copy that the file has been taken.

The lady at the counter didn't want to give acknowledgment. Said she wasn't handling the accounts, someone else was, but that someone else wasn't there to sign to acknowledge receipt. Aiyahhh.... sign only to say "taken file" also so difficult. I guess perhaps some people do not want to take responsibility for their actions. Damn Kiasee!

Me'leh? I think being in the private sector with so many operational controls have sort of "jammed" up my arse. But, thinking back to what my "chief" just said about doing this with "less hassle", I gave in - with a bit of trepidation of course (yes, I can consider myself "kiasee" too when it comes to "official" things like budgets and accounts). I didn't have any hardcopy backup of my accounts, but have softcopy backups at least I can fall back on if the file really does "go missing".

Must remember to relax..... must remember not to be so "difficult" myself..... must remember not to judge.... must remember to trust more..... GRRRRRRR!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

muahahha... maybe 'chief' missed some points on handing account over to the counter-lady (noticed she's a very easy person to work with), but it's ok.. do some yoga to lower the presure yah! and go gentle on high col food, maybe that would help =P muahahhaah *peace*

Anonymous said...

who's easy to work with? the chief or the counter lady? :)

the chief? yes...

the counter lady? Hah! not with my encounter so far... maybe you have better luck? want to be treasurer next time round? :P