Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Another Luncheon

One of my colleague was recently confirmed (after a probation period) and she decided to “chia” us makan. We went about 5km “down the road” from our office and imagined ourselves in California (well, maybe only me who thought that)! The place had quite a good lunch crowd, with almost every table being taken up.

Had two quite different but sizeable salad dishes as starters, and two other types of dips – one with bread as a dip and the other, a roll of some kind. Didn’t try the dips though, was saving my ever expanding waistline for the mains.

The salads were quite good, and I had a hearty helping of greens (no pic). Haven’t had green vegetables for a while (yeah, not good, I know… must eat more greens! – I hear you! I hear you! – err... pardon me, that was my conscience talking to me).

The mains followed quite quickly. We tried two different pasta dishes – one tomato based penne dish (guess who ordered!) and one spaghetti carbonara dish, (yum yum! especially the penne, but could have been slightly hotter I think – chilly hot that is). The penne dish was served with spicy sausages and pepper (think I saw slices of red and yellow pepper – which gave it that extra flavour). Hmm, must learn to cook this dish sometime. One day, one day!

Also had one very tasty oriental looking pizza. Was initially apprehensive as to the taste, but think there was a touch of barbeque or some kind of sweet sauce on the pizza. Quite nice actually. I had TWO helpings! All in all, it was an enjoyable meal.

Had my lunch with a nice cool glass of ice lemon tea. Very satisfying that - have always liked a cold glass of it and some! A slice of lemon was nestled on the rim of the glass, which was nice as a presentation (forgot to take a picture first), but for actual taste, decided to squeeze the slice of lemon into the tea and soak the lemon into the drink. Hence, you can just about see the slice of lemon floating in the drink. Ah!, a real thirst quencher that! Free flow to boot! Yippeee!

Usually, we would see a bottle of tabasco sauce around, but this time, we saw this “new” brand – Original Cholula Hot Sauce, all the way from Mexico I reckon. Didn’t try it though, but did add some chilly flakes on one or two of the dishes I tried. Actually, thought that the dishes were mostly tasty enough, and didn’t even have to put tomato sauce on my pizza this time!

After our meal, had some time left from the lunch hour, and a few colleagues decided to “jalan-jalan” for a bit. For me, I didn’t have any specific destination or things I wanted to get, so bummed around on the concourse area. I did check out Dunkin Doughnuts for a bit, looking at the various types - mocha frost, orange frost, smiley doughnuts, and much much more (slurpppp). Was tempted to buy some for tea, but decided against it. After all, haven’t signed up for the gym this quarter, and not sure if I will this time round. BUSTED!!!

3 comments:

Zalina Lee said...

Ooo. My FAVOURITE num-num place. The Santa Fe pizza = delish. And I'm CRAZY about their tiramisu :) The hot sauce is awesome with everything, INCLUDING the soup! :)

My usual diet staple isn't the salad though, too big. I usually go for the mediterranean-wrap things (appetizer). GOOD SHIT, THAT! :)

Alex said...

Yeah! Food is quite good there! :)
I like the penne alot! Almost salivating just thinking about it again.

Bryan said...

OMG...ths food looks so good. I'm salivating right now..HAHA :D