Friday, July 28, 2006

Other food encounters - Part 2

Sometimes I wonder why I can’t seem to lose weight, and then I think back on what I have eaten during the week, and it makes me ponder more. Here I am with lots of opportunities to eat. Should I whack kau-kau? Should I control? My inner being is torn in two; on one hand, I “eat to live”, and the other, I “live to eat”. How ah?! Exercise? Err… soon… soon….

A Local Encounter - Tapas
Located at the Micasa Service Apartments. Their crème brulee is supposed to be very good, but has somehow deteriorated in quality over time. Even the food. I like the fried kueh teow here, and is served in a mini wok thingy. Quite a nice presentation I thought, but taste wise has gone downhill.








A Local Encounter - Alexis Bistro
Just had this today. Celebrated one of my colleagues’ birthday. Ordered different types of food and shared amongst all of us. It’s a turning point in age for her, as one other colleague “gently” put it, “normally the change in age is 1 digit, this time is 2 digits”! In my working terminology, “big figure changed”….Ouch… But no matter the age, young at heart is best. :P








A Local Encounter - Kuchai Entrepreneurs’ Park
Again, another birthday celebration, but this time for one of my gang members last Sunday. Went to Kuchai’s Entrepreneurs’ Park post birthday bash (i.e. after lunch, bowling, movie, etc). Quite a lot of selection, quality varies depending on stalls. Generally ok, but look at the succulent satay dish. Mama mia!!! Apparently a popular spot, given the larger number of people frequenting the place.








A Local Encounter - Miscellaneous
Mango lolo anyone? Shaved iced topped with fresh mango, and a “healthy” dose of mango syrup on it. Anyone who loves mango, must try this. Had this in the outlet in Kepong (wai sik kai) sometime back, but I think the “road side shop” has expanded, and opened an upscale shop selling this as well as other desserts.

There’s actually another place I frequent, Sri Neela’s in Taman Desa. I go there for the Paper Tosai (tosei? – will call it TS then). It’s the best place to have the paper TS, spread out thinly on the hot cooking thingy, and scrapped through to make it extra thin. Add a dab or two of sugar and margarine (or is it butter?), let it brown on one side, cut from centre to the outer rim, roll and voila! It is ready. Can’t seem to find a picture of it. I guess whenever I eat there, no time to take picture, just eat upon serving…. too good to hold back.


A Chocolate Encounter
Who’s a fan of chocolate? I like chocolate, especially the dark chocolate variety, and have even known cakes with names like “Death By Chocolate” (and have tried it too!, very good!). Was given some chocolate in the office, and with work being extra stressed this week (a few late nights with tight deadlines), my consumption of chocolate increased. People often asked me how come I put on so much weight compared to a few years back. I usually reply, “When I am stressed, I eat chocolate”, but I guess in my line of work and my lifestyle, opportunity to eat comes quite frequently. So, have tried to reduce eating portions as a form of “operational” control.

Got this picture through the email, and reminded me of the song “How much is the doggie in the window? Woof, Woof!”, and I almost “salivated” just looking at it!




And here end-eth my posts on food encounters (for now anyway).

2 comments:

Gina said...

I felt I have put on weight, just looking at the pictures.

laymank said...

quite an eventful makan assignment you have had there. Fei Chai Gang's rival!