Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Under the weather

Feeling a bit under the weather today. Started from yesterday afternoon, had runny nose and early signs of sore throat. Caught an early night to recover. This morning, went to the doctors as symptoms persisted. No fever although I looked a bit wretched, was given some medication and doctor asked if I was fit for work. I thought I was, so didn't ask for MC. Blood pressure was relatively ok at 130/90, and doctor kept reminding me that I must take my blood pressure medication (which I have been doing anyway).

Had to sit through two and a half hours of meeting after that, as well as having to present on my fund's performance for last year. Not much appetite for lunch now, and sort of rested at my place. Didn't want to go to anyplace noisy, just need some peace and quiet for a bit. One of my colleagues saw me, and gave me some chocolate to cheer me up! Good of her, but will keep them for now, at least until I feel better anyway.

2 comments:

laymank said...

under the weather? remember not to go 'vacuum' next time, then you will be fine.

chocolates huh... great remedy for PMS, I heard.... works for you, too?

Anonymous said...

Hey laymank, "vacuum"? shhhhhh!!! Nobody knows, must keep it that way!, but I doubt that was the cause.

Yeah, also heard chocolate is good for PMS, but doesn't work for me that way. I can be moody, but definitely not due to PMS! :P Still, it's undeniable that chocolate does provide a "feel good" factor. Go have some chocolate!! NOW! :)