Monday, January 16, 2006

Breakfast

My sisters bought some fruits and curry puffs for breakfast, but I forgot to bring the curry puffs. Ate two medium sized banana's for breakfast! This is the leftover for my lunch (as dessert).

Banana's supposed to be high in fibre, and good for the digestive system. Have not done any research on it though. To me, it tastes sweet and nice, so good enough.

Sometimes, my colleagues will bring breakfast for everyone in the unit. Today, one of the girls brought Kau Chi(s). Usually stuffed with turnips I think, but there are other varieties which may be stuffed with vegetables (green ones that is). Haven't tried the green ones though, as my preference is for turnips. The kau chi had some accompanying chillie sauce I think, but I like it just as it is! Yummy!! Had to limit myself to one only. Two bites full, and it is gone.... salivating just thinking of more... but control! need to reduce intake!

4 comments:

laymank said...

hmm... kau chi looks good... *slurp*...

Banana is also high in potassium. Said to be good for body building, too.

Anonymous said...

tomato sauce on kauchi for you would be perfect! hahaha

Anonymous said...

Hey Laymank, yeah, had the banana in the pic for lunch after my fried meehoon!

Hi meow, I also want some more, but control, control, it's so hard to control!!!

Heya schola, YA!, I didn't try the kauchi with ketchup, but in sarawak, we have what we call, "Chai Kueh", and it's similar to Kauchi, and that I had with Ketchup before! Quite ok too! :)

Anonymous said...

I tried the Sarawak similar version. Not bad. I quite like the "siew mai" which are sold at one of the eatery market stalls.