Sunday, July 20, 2008

Something fishy this way comes

After the morning run throughs for the charity do thingy, my acapella group had some time to spare before the actual session in the afternoon. We headed to The Pavillion opposite Westin Hotel (which was where the event took place), had our breakfast cum lunch, and headed off in various directions. Two went shopping, two went back to the Hotel (we were given a free room to rest, put our stuffs, etc), and Cheryl (one of the Sopranos) and myself, went to check out the Fish Spa!

It was just for the novelty of it all, since it is all the rage nowadays in KL, with various outlets of fish spas being set up. It was relatively early, so there weren't that many people. It costs about RM38 for a half hour session for adults, and since we were told we could sit anywhere, I plonked down on a spot which looked fairly comfy, and when I put my feet in, you could see so many of the HUNGRY FISHES rushing over to nibble. Apparently, the more fishes nibbling, the more dead skin you have. It was initially quite ticklish and I wanted to laugh, and it was a new sensation indeed, like a constant nibbling of the skin. No, the fishes had no teeth but the constant nibbling is quite hard to describe.

And you know what? We didn't realise that there was a difference between big fishes and small fishes! Normally, people would start with the small fishes for about 10 minutes or so, to get used to it at least, and move position to the bigger fishes to nibble. However, I started immediately at the big fish area so it was indeed quite a jolt! The ladies at the fish spa were quite surprised when we got talking, and I told them it was my first time trying this out. They did say that the nibbling sensation is intensified by the bigger fishes and true enough, when I tried the smaller fishes, it wasn't as great a feeling. Of course I moved back to the bigger fishes! :P

One of the sales lady kept pestering to sign up for a package, which kind of put me off, but I hedged by repeatedly saying that I will think about it. However, the staff were friendly enough, and even volunteered to help me take pictures!

After the half hour session, I was told that my legs would feel very smooth and I would have a lighter feeling. I joked that I don't feel any lighter (especially after the breakfast cum lunch earlier on), but my legs were really smooth, and as they say, "as smooth as a baby's bottom"!

And you know what? They have the Full Body Fish Spa treatment (wearing swimming trunks of course!), but I didn't try! Will probably squirm quite a bit as the fishes come nibbling at various parts of the body, especially at the initial submersion part! Just thinking about it would make me want to laugh out loud!

Dare you try it? :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I must try. You said the magic words, "As smooth as baby's bottom!"

I am just worried the fish might choke to death only. Coz my soles are extra "flaky".

laymank said...

Interesting!

I've got alot of dried skin to feed 'em!