Thursday, July 03, 2008

A bit of going ons

Groan, these days, I have been going on a food binge. Not like I really want to of course, but the constant invites for lunch, tea breaks and then dinners! You know, I went to the same outlet for coffee break after work down at the office Mall for a bit of coffee and cakes for three consecutive days following invites from external parties. Then come the lunches, Japanese buffet, etc.

But honestly, I can't complain. I can always eat in moderation, which of course I do try!!! But how to go easy on the pavlovas and nutty meringues, when I visited the outlet three days on a trot? Luckily, the first day, they didn't have any of the meringues, so I had "others". Second day, they had the pavlova but not the nutty meringue, so I ate one pavlova (shared of course), and the third day, they had the nutty meringue! Yummy! I think I like the nutty meringue better now. Good thing is that the meringue is light, so not as full a sensation after eating. But of course, that's only trying to console myself, as I have often been reminded that there really is A LOT of cream and sugar in all that light fluffy cake.

And yes, after all that, my pants do feel tight, and I am especially conscious of my ever expanding tummy!

So, after three consecutive days of never feeling hungry, I FINALLY made it to the gym (after a prolonged absence of 9 months!). Wanted to go easy since I have not exercised for a very long time. But when I went there, all treadmills were taken, so after doing a stretch or two (I noticed my tummy got in the way), I decided to play ping pong with a colleague. No, am not an expert at ping pong and my colleague can thrash me "kau-kau" but she went easy on me. More like a chitchat session over a casual game of table tennis. The problem? I didn't do my cardio and hardly perspired. After playing and talking non stop, we noticed that it was getting late, and I decided to hit the treadmill for a bit, but the gym guy was switching off all the machines because it was closing time!! Oh no! My colleague asked me to come to the gym again the next day, that is, on Thursday (which is today) and initially I said ok, but as I was getting changed, I suddenly remembered that I will be out of the office for an appointment towards the afternoon, and won't be headed back to the office after that. Sigh. Not enough exercise this week, and I promised my colleague I will go to the gym again next week. She said she will only believe it when I actually go!

So, instead of exercising at the gym, I decided to exercise at the shopping mall, and indulge in some Retail Therapy!! Metrojaya was having sales! Gosh and guess what, I had to go renew my membership card, so while I was there, can't help but look around for bargains. I ended up buying two work shirts and two collared T-shirts. Oh, I bought another three round neck T-shirts also from another shop. Guess what colours they were? Yep, black and navy blue! :)

I lost count how many shirts I have already, but I know most of them are getting tight. So since my clothes are getting tight, and I can't exercise at the gym, might as well go walking around MidValley Shopping Mall checking out the various shops. "A bit" painful on the wallet though, and I seldom indulge in shopping, but once a while? What the heck! :P

To be honest, my shopping started during lunchtime as I have been procrastinating too long over a change of decor for my humble abode. Finally gotten round to buying the plant thingy (fake ones! life ones don't last long with me since I have a tendency to forget to water them and let whatever parasite grow on them). Actually before the shopping spree started (now why does that have to rhyme with "weeee?!?"), I was running low on petrol, and went to the Shell station to load up my car (of course Shell! I have a bonuslink card! Seriously, I think all these loyalty card programme thing really works on me. I dare not reveal how many different types of loyalty cards I have, suffice to say, I have a separate card pouch just for all these cards. Ok, ok, back to pumping petrol, not even full tank, and it already cost more than RM110! Previously, about RM80 or so will get me by for slightly more than a week (ya, I don't go "sik fung" (direct translation from cantonese = "eating air") so much. Oh, I had to reload my touch&go card too, running low on balance already after having to pay toll everyday for using certain highways in and out of the city (just to avoid the daily incessant traffic jams).

So after coming back home and totalling how much I spent today, my eyes literally popped, and I am now officially on a shoestring budget until the next pay cheque! Oh wait! I have an overseas trip coming up in two weeks time! Groan!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have only three words for you.

SI LAI ALEX!!!!!!!! Lol!

laymank said...

sai meng!

Elaine Gaye said...

Where is your overseas trip taking you?

Alex said...

hey gina, where got Si Lai! loyalty cards nowadays ah, very the in-thing one oh! :)

hi laymank, why sai meng? ok wat!

hey elaine, going to the land of the samurais! (not holiday though). Going for about a week, but only one day free to look around.

Elaine Gaye said...

Ichi-ban :) I hope you enjoy your trip, even though it's not a holiday.