Wednesday, January 21, 2009

To think a happy thought

This was how my mind felt yesterday. Not too smooth a day at work in the afternoon and I think my "dark" face reflected my mood with nary a smile. Small unpleasant things would easily make me snappy. In one of the few rare occassions, I left the office with an unsettled mind.

My vocal class calmed me down somewhat as it made me forget about office stuff, ah the joys of music as a therapeutic mind salve. Was slightly calmer after that, but didn't get a good sleep. Automatically woke up extra early today and immediately thought about work. Sigh...

But I think the "man above" has been sending me messages:

1) Hearing an "advert" on the radio to think happy thoughts at the start of day, which will set the tone for the rest of the day. Immerse in positive energy and hopefully the day will be good.
2) Hearing an atrocious advert (I cringed at the words fitting the music) about shopping at one of the popular malls in PJ area, but the underlying message was that there are lots of things to "Smile" about.
3) Was in the condo lift, and a family entered. A little kid with lovely large eyes, looked at me and smiled, and quickly looked away. The kid stole another brief glance, held my gaze and smiled again. Couldn't help but smile back at such innocence (no, not my sometimes "fake" smile as a colleague is wont to put it, but a moderate enough smile).

Oh well...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life is short.. work is not everything. Leave it in office and go on about your other aspects in life. :D

Elaine Gaye said...

What a striking picture! The power of the different colours is harnessed slightly by the angular shapes overlaying the swirls. My mind also feels like that some times. You have a great smile and I'm glad the kid in the lift brought that out in you :D Selamat Tahun Baru Cina!