Thursday, January 15, 2009

Of one toilet and another

Was cleaning the loo (otherwise known as the Water Closet or W.C.) the other day, and finally dismantled a metal shelve I had previously where I put the spare detergents, extra shampoos and other what nots.

Talking about W.C., it reminded me of an incident recently when one lady announced through the microphone over a dinner function, "Those of you who are in the TOILET, please come back inside the room!". I was like, errr... okaaaaay... But seriously, it was perfectly correct. Just that social norms doesn't quite entail blurting such words over a dinner function, no? So, what should one say? Use politer words like "W.C." or "loo" or even "lavatory"? But is it really allowable to use alternative words or just simply not done, especially over a wedding dinner function?

Ok, back to topic, finally found something to replace that metal shelve thing. Chose one long stalk of flower and a flat vase, and got the florist to perform some ikebana magic for me. After putting it where I wanted, I noticed that the seahorse and fish stickers sort of clashed. :(

What do you think?

3 comments:

Elaine Gaye said...

I like the flower :) I also like the seahorse and fish stickers.

Anonymous said...

No clash... looks pretty. You can put more sea horse...

Anonymous said...

This is Malaysia lah. Ppl call toilet a toilet. Other than that, nobody will understand..

And.. gawd.. I think in feng shui, it's not good to overdecorate the WC. Also, I am getting some g** vibes here. Quite strong ones.