Thursday, January 17, 2008

Of one advert and another

My colleagues were discussing about the "availability" of a particular banker we know, until I happened to walk pass, overheard, and told them that the banker just "registered" last year. Faces crushed and fallen, they turned the focus of their incessant natter inhouse.

A few minutes later, I got this email from one of them, all ready to advertise for me:

Cicakwoman* (who is already married with a family) wrote:
No need to be shy. How about like this :
Truly Malaysian but speaks like an Englishman.
Strong passion for food & a flair for writing = a "pretty big" but still hmhmm "adorable" blogger.
Can sing and dance.
Strictly no alcohol .
Can gossip .

If you need to be dined (but not wined), entertained, love to communicate intelligently and also like juicy conversations, call AJ.
*more stories of cicakwoman may be found here, here and here.

I almost laughed out loud as another email subsequently came with a frightful picture (which I hope will never see the light of day). Instead, I sent back a picture taken recently from an outstation trip last Thursday (which I will blog about later):

Not that I am advertising of course ... Hahaha... But seriously, sometimes I wonder why all my married friends keep pestering their unmarried friends to quickly tie-the-knot, especially given all the jokes about married life (the one with the three rings? and numerous others), and how married life is usually not what is expected or as rosy as perceived. But seriously, no, I do not need to advertise already (ahem...) ... LOL!!!

13 comments:

Elaine Gaye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elaine Gaye said...

Great picture, Alex :) You look very well and happy. I didn't know you do not drink, well done, very good for health. A cynical answer re married couples pestering unmarried friends would be "Misery loves company".

Anonymous said...

If this is not advertising ah.. I dunno what is it.. Hahahahah!

ml said...

hahahahhahaha... cicak woman is creative lah. by putting up that pic, u r already advertising! hahahaha :D

Anonymous said...

Ok. I bid 50 sen.

ml said...

ky, u bid 50 cents so high meh? don't forget u still have to day day feed him good sweet & sour pork later, 'sit boon' oh. ahahaha... mmm... i bid 55 cents enough liao. hahaha :D

yuin said...

damn, no woman ever bid for me before

Anonymous said...

Think I should advertise, too!!
And get bidded, hopefully!

LOL!

Anonymous said...

55 sen going once, 55 sen going twice. Sold to a lady named ML and wishing her luck in preparing a lifetime of sweet sour pork. LOL.

ml said...

huh? so fast game over liao? mmm... i haven't figured out what to do with him yet lah but to think of preparing him sweet & sour pork everyday...am afraid i will also turn sweet & sour pork myself 1 day. ahahaha... ky, since u have embarked on cooking sweet & sour chicken already, ok lah, i give you discount and resell him to u at 50 cents. hahaha :)

ok, next 2 items open for bidding are yuin & laymank. minimum 50 cents to start with. any taker out there? :)

yuin said...

eh, my minimum worth is at least RM5 okay.

ml said...

ah yuin, u wanna sell so high meh? zing was only sold at 55 cents u know. give face a bit to the taukeh of the blog here mah. or else ah, he might go and delete our 'kau kau chan, mou bong chan' comments u know. hahaha :)

yuin said...

eh no lah, alex is a very nice guy lah. he won't do anything like that. and he's kind and generous also.