Sunday, January 27, 2008

A journey up north

Now seriously, don't tell me you have never been on a foodie trip? The last post on Melaka was actually a foodie trip, but I stayed clear food pictures, and after a few days later, a couple of friends and myself journeyed north to Sitiawan. To do what? To hunt for good eating spots of course. :)

This time, we had a kindly host, Sharon, who kindly showed us the way around, and brought us to the little known haunts, the places only locals would know. And yeah, there were defintiely more eating sessions comparatively to the Melaka trip. So, can't help but post some of the pictures I took.
After all that, scouring for the heong pengs, bak kut tehs, chee cheong fun (but it was closed), cendol, wu kok in Bidor, and other what nots, I fear for my waist line, but yet ta-paued back somemore food for a later feast.

More on this trip can be found here and here. Ok, ok. Won't just show pictures of food, although they still look delectable. There were various sights as well, and most memorable was a private trip to a meehoon factory, courtesy of Sharon our host.

With the onset of Chinese New Year, and a spanking new haircut (same style, but shorter), my face does look "a bit" fuller. The various planned gatherings, and the thought of all the food amidst the festivities is enough to give me palpitations. Think I need to lie down for a bit to rest my heavy bulk. But seriously, time for exercise I hear? Well, I did do some, more of a 10km pacesetter run, but that's a story for another time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures collages!

Someone is improving leaps and bounds.

laymank said...

geez... looking at these pictures, I lagi homesick now!

:(