Sunday, January 27, 2008

Of Babas and Nyonyas

Been kind of behind in blogging activities, what with going outstation for food trips as well as rushing reports for meetings since the beginning of this year. Where do I even begin to catch up. Well, someone told me today that I gained "a bit" of weight (which is a highly subjective word), but I kind of agree as I feel that my pants are a tad tighter.

Firstly, went on a foodie trip to Melaka, as well as for the sights of course. Historically rich with many a stories, ancient relics, famous for its Baba and Nyonya culture, and of course, the various religious sites following the arrival of Catholicism to the shores of Melaka.

Will leave Melaka with a couple of pictures, and for more detailed adventures, can check out here.

Walked quite a bit, and also checked out various museums around the area, and one or two went almost nuts with buying stuffs. Given the heat, dehydration was the greatest concern, but had more than enough to drink as we hopped from one eatery to the next (especially along Jonker Street) and tried out various local flavours. Yumm!

Did I see any Babas and Nyonyas? I reckon so, simply because they look just like another Malaysian. :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think we must one day go again and make sure we try really, really good shit Portuguese food!