Monday, October 10, 2005

weekend

Had a good time last weekend. Met up with some friends on Saturday who wanted to try the char siu chicken wing dish. Turned out quite well actually, with a slight variation of grilling the chicken as well. Both microwaved and grilled dishes turned out pretty tasty if I do say so myself. :P

After that, watched "The Red Shoes" and "Boogeyman". Personally, I tend to avoid horror shows as I am not as daring and have a vivid imagination, but was "persuaded" to watch the two. I prefered "The Red Shoes" more than "Boogeyman", but both were not as scary as some other horror shows I have seen. I get more frightened if it is about spectres or spooks, and will avoid the chinese horror shows. I think one of the worse was Nightmare on Elm Street...

Much prefer to watch adventure or comedy shows. Looking forward to catch "Seven Swords" soon. Some friends usually complain about movies being slow, yes, that's true, but it takes time for events to unfold, and for the story to develop. Sometimes it is the little little things which makes a movie good, it need not be action packed/high adrenaline push all the way through the movie. Well, that's what I think anyway...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ai ya...

7 swords no good lah....boring and slow...unless u have read original novel...

otherwise, u wont know what it says...

OPJ

Anonymous said...

I agree with OPJ on the 'understand the story' part.

If possible, get a DVD and watch it for a couple of time, then probably you'll catch what it was trying to say. :)

By the way, when is char siew sushi? ;)

Anonymous said...

Got the DVD. Will be watching it sometime. Then how did you like "House of Flying Daggers", and "Hero"? I personally liked HOFD, but Hero, although draggy, was watchable to me. There was another show with Andy Lau and Maggie Cheung one. Also very good.

What to do? I grew up watching chinese kung fu shows as a kid. Chasing series which can drag to 20 VCR cassettes. So if can tahan that long for the story, what is an hour or two extended? :P

Then again, a lot of ppl I know chase Korean series. Wouldn't that be "slow" as well? spanning lots and lots of CDs?

Anonymous said...

nope. haven't read the original novel. It's in chinese ah? Me yellow outside white inside oh! :P

got english translation or not?

Anonymous said...

opps. not Andy Lau and Maggie Cheung, but Tony Leung Chew Wai (spelling?) and Maggie Cheung. The fighting scene with lots of leaves one was superb. Very beautifully shot.