Thursday, May 07, 2009

To boldly go

Hats off for another Star Trek movie. This time, a younger Kirk and Spock to hit the big screen very shortly!

Am certainly looking forward to it. Have been a fan, but actually more to Star Trek - The Next Generation, and the ever brilliant Captain Jean-Luc Picard. I still have some memorabilia when I joined some fan club during my teens, and of course, recently, got some stamp sheetlets on this. Yippeee!! :)

But I came across a story from a local daily which took being a "fan" to new heights! Read it in full here. In short, taken from "The Star":

TREKKIES are among the most die-hard fans out there and many would think nothing of paying as much as RM25,000 for a car registration number matching that of a starship from the series while other have even named their children after Star Tek characters.

Richard Si, 40, and his wife May Teoh, 32, are living proof of this. Si actually paid RM25,000 for the NCC 1701 registration (which is also the number of the USS Enterprise in the Star Trek franchise) and the couple also meticulously timed (with the help of a gynaecologist) the birth of their daughter for Jan 17 at 1701.

Si’s son was christened Riker Si James Tee Kirk while his nine-month-old daughter bears the name Seven Si Kathryn Janeway after a character from Star Trek Voyager.

I really don't know what to say! Oh dear...

2 comments:

gina said...

Adoi! I pity the kids! If i am the children, I will hate my mom and dad. LOL!

So your son will be Jean Luc Jong? LOL!

Alex said...

Hahahaa, am not that fanatic! :)