Sunday, June 29, 2008

Innate ability

Truly I believe, that everyone is unique. And inherent in each one of us, is an innate gift. The ability to pick up languages easily, to be musically inclined, to be financial savvy, to interact easily with others, to bake or cook especially well, to have green fingers, and a whole lot more.

As I sit here thinking about this, I do wonder if this is a product of reading comic books too much, and the exaggeration of such gifts renders a person to become extraordinary. I think there's also a fine line of being competitive to an extent that that the "kiasu" factor sets in, and the drive to win at all cost to the point of practising and being the very best all the time becomes contrary to the notion of being gifted. However, I do think that talents may be honed and may radiate brightly should the occasion arise.

I don't know, but a person's extraordinariness need not be a visual gift. Some find their gift early on, others later, but those gifted with a compasionate soul, may forever retain that compasionate soul.

What do you consider as your gift? And how have you displayed such gift or gifts to friends and family, and to society as a whole? To exercise a bit of humility, I guess I would say I have no gift, and I am just mediocre in most things. There are definitely a lot more people better than I am in all the things that I do, but I make do with my limited talents, and thank God for gracing me as who I am today.

2 comments:

laymank said...

wow! so humble....!!
or proud to be humble?

:p

I cannot see any gift in me loh. haiz...

ml said...

yawor, so humble meh? :)