Saturday, April 26, 2008

To try a herbal egg

Well, the first time I tried to make herbal eggs, it was a disaster. Not that I wrecked the kitchen or anything, but the eggs were simply tasteless. I boiled the eggs as per required but forgot to crack the eggs a bit before reboiling in the herbal concoction.

The second time I tried it (today), the colour came out slightly better, but still not enough taste. I think I only reboiled it in the herbal concoction for an hour. Heard that the eggs needed to be redone over a slow cooker for at least two to three hours!

Just thinking of the time required to do the herbal eggs dish is simply mind boggling. Three hours or so just to get it right. And with my half past six cooking skills, no guarantee to get it right. Hmm... I think it will be a lot easier for me to just go out and buy the herbal eggs from the shop. A lot less hassle eh? But then again, cannot apply a personal touch to the egg dish (incidentally, garnishing doesn't count!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the real deal here. But, I am "not a fan" of herbal eggs. *Lol*