Thursday, December 07, 2006

Tis’ the Season to be Merry and Costly

As I sit here listening to some financial talk,
My mind wanders and begin to walk.
To prevent my chair from designing to rock,
I decided so, my blog post some to chalk.

More food session as a friend kindly treated,
To Gen Jap at Legend, we went and greeted.
Tho’ lesser now to buffets I seek to be seated,
As wary of extended waist and stomach a bloated.



However, another merry gathering I certainly did have,
Of main meals and desserts which were selectively raved.
With colleagues, and pressies which we generously gave
For friendship and goodwill a way to pave.



A craving for chicken rice one day I did satisfy,
With black “kicap” to mix the rice by.
Seldom I see of others who do the same
Only one or two I can only but name.



To service a car I procrastinated to do,
Finally on Wednesday a whole day ensue.
To change “this and that” with other replacement too,
Being set back a hefty sum, I certainly did rue.



So “almost” broke I certainly am to drive,
Till the next pay cheque not too soon to arrive.
Thank goodness for cards I have to jive,
And to juggle other expenses in order to survive.

2 comments:

laymank said...

More than able, you can survive
Looking forward, more for you to drive
Gather for 'satay' we shall hive
'Break Even' enough to treat for five.

:p

Anonymous said...

I take black kihap with my BKT!