Friday, March 24, 2006

Tickled

Was tickled when I received this via email, and laughed a bit. Nowadays, very seldom do I see a picture and then will laugh outright.

March is almost over, that is, one quarter of the year is almost over. My, my, how time flies. Some events this week have been somehow memorable:

The first being asked what is the equivalent word of counterparty in Malay? Scratch head… uh.. don’t know! Asked a few Malay colleagues also they don’t know. Reckon it is kaunterparti, but don’t know’leh!

The second being having a tune stuck in my head … been humming it for the past few days already (after having to sight sing and transpose the song to suit a better register), especially the first few phrases….. it’s called “The Rose”… and it goes:

“Some say love, it is a river that drowns the tender reed.
Some say love, it is a razor that leaves your soul to bleed.
Some say love, it is a hunger, an endless aching need.
I say love, it is a flower, and you it's only seed.”

Yaada, yaada, yaada, yaada, yaada……

I first heard Leanne Rimes singing it in one of her CDs a while back and was captivated, but understand that it’s originally a Bette Midler song. Very nice words and tune. Leanne Rimes’ powerful country style suited this song to a T!

No comments: