Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Tag Hauer

There is a warehouse sale at our office today for watches and pens. Names on sale for the watches include Tag Hauer, Cartier, Omega and Bulgari, with offerings up to 80% discounts.

Was looking at the tag watch, and most come in sets (men's and women's) at the same price of RM280 or RM290 for each watch. Some in my office questioned the authenticity of the watches. The sales person explained these watches are real, but not Swiss made (but in Japan). He further explained that these are extra stock from bank redemption programmes. So, now we have some watches which are more real than others, and not just a distinction between real and fake.

They had some nice designs, but I only really liked one with a classic look with a black background. But, another colleague bought it instead, and they only have one in stock at the moment. They have another batch of watches coming in later today, but I don't think I will go and buy it. My current watch is nice enough (also the classic look, but a different brand), but may shop for a sporty looking watch at a later date, and not necessarily tag hauer. Oh well...

5 comments:

laymank said...

hmm... interested price... but I have doubt on the authenticity of the watch. Does Tag made in Japan?

And 'Tag Hauer' is definitely not 'Tag Heuer'.

I hope you are not going to 'downgrade' your watch. :)

Anonymous said...

Oppps! Didn't check spelling of Heuer!

That was what I was deliberating. Nope, not downgrade, but just another alternative! But then again, I have other cheaper watches which I use occassionally when I travel.

Anonymous said...

AJ,

TAG never made their watches outside Swiss.
If u wanna to get a TAG "Hauer", I will buy your current one(the classic look one, u know what I mean yeah...).

FYI, ROLEX do made their watch in South Africa and it is real.

how abt getting a SWATCH as second watch like me...hehe..

Nite,
OPJ

Anonymous said...

or better save monet since the fuel prices up 30cents !!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey meow and OPJ,

Actually, I have two other watches (both free gifts). Not so "canggih" or stylish looking as Swatches and others, but ok'lah.

Yeah! with petrol costs rising 18.5%, full tank on my car costs a bomb!! Good thing I didn't buy it the other day. :(