Thursday, February 02, 2006

5th day of CNY

Day 5 of the Chinese New Year, and it’s time for the dinner in Kuching. The restaurant is called “My Restaurant”, and is runned by a lady from Taie (a small place along the Kuching / Serian highway), and her husband who is from Austria. Oppss, I did not wear the maroon shirt to complement the yellow and orange shirt, and did not gel my hair again! You can just about make out the name of the restaurant in the picture.

The menu reminded me of “Eurodeli” type of food. The ribs were highly recommended, and so, I thought I would give it a try. Also saw in the menu that there was a coke float (ice ream in coke), and since I haven’t had that in a while, thought I would also have a go at it. I am not sure “float” thingy is that popular in West Malaysia, but A&W has the root bear float which is just fantastic. In the younger days, I used to eat ice cream in my mug of coke from the local ice cream shop. Before the main food came, there was a complimentary dish of roasted / grilled meat. I think it’s because my uncle knew the owner and is a regular at the restaurant. The food’s ok, but slightly different from what I had expected. The ribs were grilled, but the sauce was separately served.

For dessert, my aunty recommended the French Apple Tart (something like an apple pie with ice cream), but alas, they ran out. Had a banana split instead, which I shared with my cousin (no whipped cream on mine though). There was also a complimentary platter of fruits, which I thought was a nice gesture. Another cousin had this chocolate cake thingy with mint ice cream. I nicked a bite of the chocolate cake, but didn’t fancy anything minty. All in all, it was a very “FULL” dinner, and I overate again… sigh…. definitely have to work out all these excess intake of food after the holidays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha I had 5 meals a day or maybe more when my uncle/aunty came to visit us. Immediately when I came back KL yesterday, I weigh myself and true enough I was heavier by another kg. Ooops really must work out starting next week.