Thursday, November 13, 2008

Of one award second year running

Was down in Singapore last week for a couple of days to attend a bond market summit, as well as to collect an award! :)

This is the second year running actually that I came in 2nd place, but I didn't make it down to collect the award last year, so this year, I thought I had better go. Never know if I will ever be conferred the accolade again. Actually, the award could be used as a marketing game, especially being in the asset management industry, but as I am in the Insurance industry, it could also look good to pad my curriculum vitae eh? :P

But really, I suppose it could be used for marketing as well within the insurance industry, especially if the agents are going out selling Investment Linked Plans, and performance of the fund is shown with such a tag to the fund manager, no? But, of course, the funds managed have to be performing and made sure to be ahead of peers.

How was the voting system? Someone from The Asset will call up bankers in Malaysia and asked them who they think are the most astute local bond investors. So, the bankers will provide a couple of names. And the ones with the most "hits", will of course rank higher. Seriously though, I am sure there are many good fund managers out there who don't talk as much to the market, so may be left out of the list. I guess it is the higher profile ones, and more active ones in terms of trades whom the bankers talk to who will get into the list. There are certainly other categories, but since I dabble in local currency bonds, hence the placement for this category.

Ok, nah! Here's a close up of what the award looks like. The "only" difference between No. 1 and the others are the words, "Voted as the" and "Voted as one of the". I have the "one of the". :)

Where is it now? Err, I think it is somewhere in the cardboard box together with other reports and paraphernalia in the office.

Hahaa, ok! ok! It's actually in the office somewhere on top of my cabinet, not too strategically placed so that people will not see it at first glance. Why? Shy muh! :P

No comments: