Sunday, November 09, 2008

Forty Six days to Christmas!

It is forty six days to Christmas and the shopping malls are beginning to put up Christmas decorative stuff and goodies. Nope, they haven't started playing Christmas carols yet, but no doubt will probably begin soon.

As I was walking around Pavillion yesterday, I succumbed to the temptation of buying ornaments for my Christmas tree. I can tell you one thing for sure, the ornaments don't come cheap!, but I console myself monetary wise, that I had a gig the night before which earned me enough pocket money to splurge a little. :)

As I woke up this morning, was undecided whether to take the existing Christmas tree out of storage or decorate the pussy willow tree which is already in my living room. Ya, me being the usual indicisive self, FINALLY decided on decorating the pussy willow tree after a good time debating with myself. One thing for sure, I didn't set a theme, but got carried away yesterday buying the various new ornamental stuff. So, looked as though it was done in a slapdash manner, but I think for this year will leave it as it is. Yep, looked a bit like a minimalist approach without the usual greenery, and it sort of go with the overall oriental Christmas theme which I had in mind.

Have never thought of white ornaments, but it does lend itself a certain look. Usually, one would go for only red and gold combination or white and blue. But I went for the works!!! Egads!!! Must remember to have a colour theme next year!

Of course, at this time of the year, one would get carried away with the commercial aspect of the coming festive season, but I had a star or two to remind me of the significance of the celebration. I was even humming Christmas carols as I was putting the stuffs up! :)

Now, if you ask me why I decorate so early, I really don't know. After all, I have another forty six days to shop for other ornaments and can redo my colour theme if I have to. Watch this space ... :P

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not too bad looking what.

Anonymous said...

Not too early for Christmas tree. Orchard road is done up with the Christmas deco. Breathtaking...

Your Christmas tree is very, very oriental..Some more got butterflies. Where are the lights?

I want mine to be white this year...White Christmas :)

Elaine Gaye said...

How did your gig go on Saturday night? I like your rug :)

Anonymous said...

hi Gina, ya, but no specific colour theme!!!

hey sharon, Orchard Road has the decor but are not lit as yet. Will be down in Spore again end of December, so will be able to catch a glimpse! :)

hi elaine, the gig was on Friday. Went alright I suppose, and there were lots of cameras and videos. Apparently, as we were singing, they did close up takes, so could see all our pimples, etc! LOL!!! The rug? Thanks. It was from IKEA.