Thursday, September 11, 2008

A little birdie this way comes

Well, not quite. More of a trip to the birdpark in KL. Honestly, after being in KL for close to 13 years, I finally heard that there was a birdpark nearby. A few friends decided to have a day out to take some pictures, and I was asked whether I wanted to join. Heck! Why not? After all, it purportedly has the world's largest free-flight walk-in aviary.

The only problem was that it entailed waking up early on a Sunday morning to meet for some Dim Sum along Jalan Ipoh before heading to the birdpark. Entry price cost RM15 for locals (foreigners pay more), but if you are a Jusco member, with a membership card for verification purposes, there is a RM5 discount.

Upon reaching there, I saw that the place was quite popular with avid photographers, brandishing cameras with long lenses, etc. I made do with my steady digital Canon Ixus 960 IS, with a new 4G memory stick which I got for my birthday last month. After all, as a friend told me, in most cases, it is not the camera, but the cameraperson which matters. :)



Incidentally, there were also other things to see besides birds. Some long tailed primates were abound in certain zones, with nice scenery of cascading waterfalls and peaceful surroundings. Overall, it was quite a pleasant trip. Took just slighly over 600 shots that day, but only some were nice or decent enough to be displayed (posted in my facebook profile).



There were of course, the "cute" birds, with my friends trying to decide which were cuter, the little chicks or the little ducklings. Most said ducklings. What do you reckon? There were also predatory birds as well as a zone for flightless birds.



Quite a good day trip, and it made me realise that there are other things to do in KL besides shopping and eating. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pics. What camera you use? *LOL*

The ducklings are much cuter. :D

Elaine Gaye said...

I agree with Gina, the ducklings are far cuter than the chicks :) When you entered the walk-in aviary, did any birds swoop down to say hello, and perch on your shoulder or finger?

Alex said...

hi gina, what camera I use? :P LOL!!!

hey elaine, no. none of the birds did that, but there was a section where one could feed the birds. Now that was surely a sight to see with the various birds perching on one's shoulders, hands, head, etc... :)