Monday, November 12, 2007

A taste of food somewhere...

Went "somewhere" to have a bite, and drove "someplace" to try new food last weekend. Decided to go for Chinese food, and like usual, would order the sweet and sour pork as a meter-ology (huh?) to gauge the competency of the various culinary experts in the kitchen in preparing this somehow simple dish. Now mind you, many have said that this dish is easy to prepare, which is true enough, but hard to prepare well I reckon, at least to my not-so-high standards. :P The sweet and sour pork in this outlet, oh dearie me, didn't have the crispness and the tomato sauce kick I get when I find a good one! (incidentally, someone once told me that ketchup was not made from tomato, but from pineapples. Have not verified this though). Oh, I was also trying out my new Canon Ixus 960 IS! What do you think? :)


Would hesistate to identify the place where I ate, but surfice to say that the food was rather bland. Even the butter crabs' sauce was kind of diluted. What is more telling, is that the aromatic scent of the various dishes didn't get soaked into the meat/seafood. More like cooked separately, and the sauce just gets poured over. Sigh...

I guess the first indication of a potential disappointment was the drink I ordered. Supposed to be a longan drink, but I didn't see any longans in the drink! Hey! That's almost like ordering a roti pisang without the pisang!

I think out of the whole meal, the best was the appetizer. How can you go wrong with peanuts coated with heaps loads of sugar and fried?

Incidentally, healthy or not, I have a sweet tooth!

End of bitching session...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

longan drink without longan?
it must be a canned or packed drink.

Anonymous said...

Crispy! I meant the pictures!