Thursday, November 15, 2007

A tale of one scoop too many

It was another binging session, this time at Etoile (pronounced Ee-too-ah), for all you can eat Haagen-Dazs ice-cream. The last time I had a session like this, it was a while back, and had it at the Haagen-Dazs outlet proper, for 11 (yes, ELEVEN!) scoops of deliciously varied flavours of creamy ice-cream and much needed few glasses of plain water. After that session, I swore off ice-cream for at least two weeks. Incidentally, someone else out-ate me, with twelve scoops, and that someone happened to be a girl! Oh dearie me...



This time, Etoile carried only 8 flavours, but that didn't stop the bunch of us from having a go at the all you can eat session. Not only that, at least Etoile served other cakes and some meat skewers (almost like kebabs), with coffee and tea inclusive. For the all you can eat price, RM35++ per person, we reckoned that we would need to consume 6 scoops each to breakeven.

How many scoops did I whallop? I had 8 scoops, but wasn't adventurous to try all 8 different flavours (Etoile had a limited range, but they provided other food). I stuck to a few tried and tested ones:
a. 1 scoop of Tiramisu
b. 1 scoop of Vanilla
c. 1 scoop of Cookies and Cream
d. 1 scoop of Chocolate
e. 2 scoops of Rum and Raisin
f. 2 scoops of Macadamia Nut

However, this time, instead of having the 8 ice-cream scoops as is, had them in a variety of styles. Freshly made waffles went well with a mixture of "yummilicious" scoop of Rum and Raisin as well as a scoop of silky Macadamia Nut ice-cream, and even the vanilla was taken ala Affogato, that is, pure black coffee, with a large dollop of rich creamy vanilla ice-cream! For the others, I went easy on the toppings! :P

Although I had ONLY 8 scoops, (2 scoops less than the previously binging session), I felt terribly full, especially having taken in 3 of those heavenly tasting little meringues and another 3 of those crunchy walnut tartlets on top of a skewer of the chicken kebab. Oh, they even have a chocolate fountain! Even writing this, I feel full already just thinking about all the food earlier on.

I may think that 8 is a lot, but two of the guys managed to consume 10 (TEN!!) scoops each after trying out the other food as well. Another two small sized skinny girls also ate 8 scoops, while others were hitting limits of 6, 4 and even 3 scoops only. All in all, the ten of us had 66 scoops of sinfully rich creamy ice-cream on top of the other food provided, so we did a tad better than just breaking even! :P

Incidentally, I had to unbuckle my belt whilst driving home. Pants are getting pretty tight! Groan... time to hit the gym...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gas Stove ate 15 scoops.