Monday, June 11, 2007

Of a meringue and other recreational activities

When I last posted about Pavlovas, have been told that the meringue at "Delicious" in Bangsar Village is better, so of course I had to go and try it out. Actually, been meaning to post this for a while already, so FINALLY!

It's a chocalatey kind of meringue, with a dollop of whipped cream, with generous strawberry slices piled mile high, topped with chocolate shavings....hmm.... :P

What's not to like? And the verdict? Well, I guess those who prefers the meringue at "Delicious" must like strawberries. Now, I am not a "strawberries" kind of guy, so found it so-so. The meringue was a bit on the hard side, and no, I personally do not think it is as good as the pavlovas I had previously, even if is chocalate!

And after a sinful kind of dessert, (main meal for some!), what's a guy got to do but to exercise? Actually, I joined the gym at the office, and membership subscription is by every quarter. Heavily subsidised by the company, mind you, so, works out to be about RM1.20 per day (or about US$0.35 per day at an exchange rate of US$1=RM3.45). Of course, that is if I go everyday to average down the cost.

In reality, the truth is not as comforting. The second quarter is almost ending, and I have only been twice!!! Cost per session is quite punitive then. Sigh. Planning to go again tomorrow to average down the cost some more! Looking at my calendar, have a meeting scheduled for 5:00pm, darn it, so hope won't be too tired out after that and find an excuse not to make a trip down to Level 7 for a little bit of "panting" and "sweating".

Each time I go, I have certain targets to meet, like run 3km within a time period (for those of you who snigger and say "What! So short a distance!", well have pity on lil' ol' me), or join the cramped aerobics class, with its ever thumping, heart stomping kind of music. Tried the aerobics class last week, and really felt how unfit I was. Really miss those days when I was super fit - or so I thought, and when my waist size was 15% less than what it is now. Alas, the "good ol' days, where forth art thou...".

Once upon a time, I attended one session of the yoga class (held every Thursdays), and my, it was tough. Me, being "slightly" on the rotund side, had difficulty bending and touching my toes, what more with all the other postures to try. Best one for me was just to lie flat on the floor with the eyes closed (almost napped!). :)

So what's my point? EAT!, but exercise... now where did I put my double sliced, cream filled pavlova! ;P

5 comments:

laymank said...

pavlovas? haven't tried that before, in fact, never heard of it also. :p

Talking about keeping fit, I also cannot touch my toe leh.. although i am not as rotund as you... hehehehe... sometimes i blamed the legs are too long!

Well, keep up the exercise to make sure we are healthy, don't go for the look good factor la... less pressure that way.

:)

So, happy working out!

Elaine Gaye said...

BADMINTON! You were awesome at that particular racquet sport, as I recall :) 7 years ago, I could fit back into a Lower VI dress. Now? I seriously need to start exercising for my health and to lose weight. Funny you should mention yoga, I was just researching the British Wheel of Yoga at the weekend....

Alex said...

Hey laymank, say "WHEN"! :P Perhaps one of the weekends before you fly off for work.

Hi elaine, Gosh! That was like more than 15 years ago! Hardly awesome.. but hey, ;p Have only played badminton occasionally nowadays, and fitness is definitely an issue for me. Yeah, we all need to get some exercise going to be healthier, what with all these health scares going around...

Anonymous said...

I am "cin cai" when it comes to food - Alex.

Yeah right. Now, not a strawberry person pulak. :p

Last time I could do one hour aerobic without falling flat on my face. Now ah, walk up one flight of stairs also, I would be coughing and wheezing for air. Terrible.

Anonymous said...

The horrrrrror !!!

You found the Delicious pavlova only so-so ?!?!?

SO-SO ?!?!?!

The absolute horrrror !!!!

Denounce your words i shall !!!

Hehehehehe, shucks, how can you not like the pavolva. *grumble*

Ok next time if i ta pau it, it'll just be for your sisters and don't buy any for you, hrmph!

Joanne