Tuesday, June 20, 2006

What to cook today?

"What shall I cook today?" - a phrase I sometimes ponder upon. Last week, during the run-up to my exam period, I took one day off to study. Come lunch, had to "kau tim" myself, and decided to do one of my all time favourites - "Lap Cheong Fan".

I had some leftover rice from the previous night (I made the chicken wing dish and raisin rice for the previous dinner), so decided to just reheat that instead of boiling fresh rice. Cut some lap cheongs up, put it in the microwave for about 45 seconds before stirring and then in it goes again for a few more seconds. Take out, drain away oil from the lap cheong, and add to rice.

Also decided to eat an egg with it, so in goes the beaten egg into the microwave for a few seconds, and voila, my lunch was ready to be served. For added pleasure (for me anyway), add some maggi tomato sauce, mix everything all up, and eat! Yum.... salivating already....

So, for those who need not wonder "what to cook", treasure the moments and be grateful.....

No comments: