Monday, June 19, 2006

"Kaylem"

"Kaylem" - a word I grew up with, meaning "ice-cream" in Hakka. Those days, it used to be the ones made from syrup or milo and then frozen in a long narrow plastic bag. How I miss those. Must make a point to try and recreate my own "homemade" ice-cream sometime.

Had an ice-cream on a stick today for dessert after having lunch. Haagen-Dazz’s coffee with almond nuts flavour! Think there was a vanilla with almond nuts flavour as well, but I had the coffee one. This is a picture of my half eaten ice-cream. Quite nice and smooth, but “a bit” on the sweet side for me. Would have actually preferred it if it was less sweet, but hey, beggars can’t be choosers!

Came in a box of three. Compliments from a friendly party for a few boxes to be shared in the department. Yum-yum!! :)

No comments: