Monday, May 08, 2006

Protein Drink, anyone?

Was at a coffee shop yesterday evening at a regular hangout along Jalan Gasing for drinks and some chit-chat. Ordered a “Kopi-Peng” which was quite nice actually, as an alternative to my usual “Limau Ice”! Coffee was thick enough, and not too sweet. Was initially apprehensive about drinking coffee during the evening, as have sort of purged my body system from reliance on coffee (used to drink at least 5 cups a day when I was studying). Now, can do without coffee. However, the drawback is that if I take coffee during the evenings, I may have difficulty sleeping, with the caffeine keeping me awake. Never had this problem before, but I guess after not having coffee for a long time, the “wide eye” syndrome would emerge. I recall the first day I went without coffee when I started working, my whole body began to shake on and off as a withdrawal symptom. Luckily I am through that phase already.

Anyway, as the sky grew progressively darker with the approaching night, so too did the insects begin to get more active; with a bit of buzzing, a bit of hopping, a bit of flying, a bit of crawling, with the overall situation getting worse. Can’t recall ever been “attacked” by so many insects whilst having a drink at that coffee shop. It is said that usually when the insects are out in numbers, it is a prelude to rain. Don’t recall if it rained last night though. Being “annoyed” with the insects, I started picking them up slowly and putting them into my finished drink, drenching the pesky insects in the little pool of melted ice. Cruel? Yeah, admittedly a bit, but strangely, I didn’t feel any remorse. One of the “kaki” dared me to drink it saying it is full of protein!, but of course not! Mad ah!

But, do you fancy a drink? :)

3 comments:

laymank said...

protein drink huh *wink* *wink*

Anonymous said...

Guys guys... Hmmm Stop winking... Hee hee

Anonymous said...

evil AJ... enjoying killing those poor but annoying insects... *run away before hearing evil laugh*