Monday, May 22, 2006

One of those days…

Have you ever gotten up from the wrong side of the bed (figuratively saying?). Have you ever had one of those days when nothing seems to go right? Such days can really spoil a person’s mood! GRRRRRRR!!!!!!

In one incident, someone asked me for dinner, and as I had a craving for sweet and sour pork, decided to go for Chinese food as opposed to my usual Indian food. My friend recommended to go makan at this so called “Happy Twin” eatery place. However before going for makan, have quite a few things on my mind, which somehow threw me off my usual happy and jolly self (I would like to think so). And yes…., turned moody’loh even before dinner!

Was perusing the menu on the wall, and this lady who was taking orders asked what we wanted. So, I asked innocently “Do you have sweet and sour pork?” (in Cantonese somemore!). The lady answered “So easy a dish, of course we have!”…. bugger!!! Damn chieun wan! Better be good after her bragging! Then my friend ordered some noodle dish (I had wanted to order the Singapore Fried Noodles, but compromised’lah… since I “dictated” one dish, will just keep quiet about the other dish) – which was ordered as some type of wet fry noodle thingy. Hmm….

First came the noodles…. Looked promising, especially with the noodles being deep fried first (which I kind of liked), but as the dish progressed, thought that it tasted a bit salty… (no my mood didn’t “sour” or in this case “salted” the dish)… but my friend said it tasted fine. Ok’lah, since I didn’t order this dish, will keep quiet. The more I ate, the saltier it tasted, and I commented once again, to be told “no, it taste fine”…….. no more comments on the noodles from me after that. Said enough already. And yes, still prefer "dry" noodles type as opposed to soupy type anytime.

Then came the sweet and sour pork. The dish looked promising, and hopefully tasted good, as it was supposedly easy to cook mah! But lo and behold, not enough ketchup taste. Bummer… if so EASY a dish also cannot get right, what’lah! What crap the lady was uttering earlier. So, no! My disposition did not improve. Luckily my friend agreed that there wasn’t enough taste (i.e. not enough ketchup taste). Otherwise, if said “no, the dish is fine”… I don’t know what to say liao… Yes, I compare restaurants by how their sweet and sour pork dish tastes. The better ones generally have brilliant sweet and sour dishes (there are a few in Amcorp Mall – be it chicken or pork!), but sad to say, not this “Happy Twin” place. Or maybe they are “Happy”lah, but definitely not me with the quality (or lack of it) of the dish.

Another thing, I ordered a “shiun kum peng”… and the lady said, “Hang on! Let me see got or not!”. She disappeared, and before I know it, a glass of “limau ice” was placed in front of me. And no, my friend’s drink order was not even taken! Talk about service… shish! Some more ah, the limau ice looked pitiful with only a little peel of limau inside… at least I could taste the limau. However, I could also detect some Barley taste, which I thought was weird, and yes, commented to my friend with no reply (I think my friend knew I was in a bad mood already!)…. Sipped a bit, don’t have barley taste, sipped a bit more, got barley taste!. Hmmm.. made me wonder if they washed the cup earlier or not after serving barley in it. Given my “generous” mood, was inclined to believe they didn’t, but suffered in silence after commenting once again in general “why got barley taste?” (and again, no reply from my friend).

After dinner, was concerned about MSGs in the dishes, as was feeling a bit thirsty. But only some immediate thirsty side effects. And no, was still not in a good mood. Alas, at 2:20am, had to wake up from my sleep to purge the “liquid crap” out of my system…… no, was definitely not amused.

And you say only ladies have PMSes?! :P

5 comments:

laymank said...

you sure is 'liquid crap' and not those red red liquid thingy ah?

Muahahaha!

Anonymous said...

Not PMSes... Menopause lah

AJ Quote : Usual happy and jolly self.
SG Comments : Hmmm...

Lets see, for that day "upside down" mood would suit best to stuff you with a really good tasty sweet and sour pork to turn yr mood back to "down upside" Heehee

Anonymous said...

Hey Laymank, no! For sure not those red red liquid thingy! Wrong nether region! :P

Hey SG, Menopause? I hear menopause very much worse than PMS oh! Now, only if can find very good Sweet and Sour Pork! Where? Where? :)

Anonymous said...

When discover one will first bring you there lah. Aiyoh.

THe animal photo... is it a pig or a dog??? Very quite indeed. The nose looks like a pig that resembles Alex. But from the other angle, it looks like a bull dog.

Anonymous said...

Hey lsg, think you better sample first and make sure good first before getting me to try! :P

OF COURSE ***! Cannot tell ah? :O
Yeah, resembled more how I felt during the time! But disagree with you on the looks (I think).