Friday, May 05, 2006

Happenings

Whoah! Been tied up quite a bit, out of the office and attended a course in IBBM (“Institute Bank-Bank Malaysia”) for an exam this coming June sometime. Four modules to do for the PPKM exams, and just finished attending classes for the third module (Foreign Exchange). Quite tough, but I think do-able. Concern is on the time limit allowed, as it involves quite a fair bit of calculations. Heard that this is the module with the lowest passing rate. Hmmm…

Sunsets, oh beautiful sunsets! These shots were taken when I was leaving office last week. Snapped them whilst waiting for the lift in the office building. And talking about “lifts”, just reminded me of a joke I read in a little book a friend gave me last Christmas: “What’s the difference between a Fart and a Belch? A fart is a belch that didn’t find the lift, and a belch is a fart that caught the lift”! Hahaahaaaa. Was laughing when I read it. Anyway, can just about make out the Kuala Lumpur Twin Towers and the “Pineapple” shaped Telekom Tower in the background. Didn’t get to download to my PC and then blog it until now. Sunsets still captivate me somehow. The colours, the mood, the feel! It's the passing of a day, a time of reflection and thanks for getting through another day.

During the period I have been absent, been preoccupied with food again. Slurp! Yeah, met up with some friends for a karaoke, dinner and bowling session the previous week. Parked at Bangsar Shopping Centre and the parking fee was like RM14.40! What a rip off! Tried the Japanese outlet for dinner, and was pleasantly surprised. The prices were not as expensive as expected, quality not bad, although the shashimi (one of my friend ordered the set) didn’t look as fresh as I have seen at other restaurants. Me? I went for my Chicken Katsu Don! No raw food for me, thank you very much!

Also about food, tried the C-Jade outlet in MidValley. It’s like a fastfood Chinese restaurant. Order and pay at the counter (near the entrance of the outlet), find a seat, and then they will deliver to the table based on a number tag given. Prices were not as cheap as the typical coffee shops. A bowl of mixed BBQ meat dish (eg. CharSiu Duck or CharSiu Siew Yuk) can set the wallet back by about RM12 for each bowl (against about half that price in the coffee shops). I had the mixed Honey Ribs and Siew Yuk, but had better elsewhere. However, the “lat chiew yao” was good. Went well with the dishes. Also sampled the Sweet and Sour Pork (but of course!), and preferred it to the mixed meat dishes. The “SSP” dish came as a set with drinks. The eatery settings were quite ok, but seats were limited, especially if you go in a larger group. Another interesting dish was the “stewed ribs” (if I remember the name correctly), comprising soft ribs with rice, quaintly served in a keep warm kind of metal thingy, nestled within a wooden “pot”. Yummy!

1 comment:

laymank said...

C-jade? I've been there twice , I think. Both times also i only tried the 'prawn paste fried chicken wings'. Not very cheap, but good!