Monday, April 24, 2006

Weekend

Guess where I went on Saturday!?! Despite the dark clouds initially, it didn’t rain. Winds blew those dark clouds far far away. Before reaching the top, stopped over at Gohtong Jaya to have Ratha’s Curry Fish Head and Fried Sotong! Yummy! Haven’t had these specifically from this makan shop for a very long time. Bought some durian tarts and Portuguese egg tarts for snacks. Didn’t try the “durian bomb” as I have never really liked the texture of the pastry. Not as good as I remember though, perhaps the novelty of eating durian tarts has worn off.

Despite it being a weekend, the place was not as crowded as I have seen it before. I guess it’s not a long weekend yet, and possibly, the labour day weekend would be superpeak, especially with more visitors expected. Quite a bit of changes since I last went up (at least one year ago I think) in terms of layout, and the addition of even more eateries. Really spoilt for choices of food there. They had a Thai Fair, but didn’t buy anything.

And yes, tried my luck with the “dog-fight” game, but alas, the dog wounded me the 1st time, but I managed to bite back a bit the second time. End day, was down to only a third of my max loss situation.

After descending from the peak, went to Amcorp Mall for the flea market. Saw some interesting things, but noticed that prices for certain goods in the flea market have gone up. As usual, hunted for some books as well as some first day covers, but didn’t get anything.

For dinner, ended up in Tanjung Harapan, Port Klang for some seafood at the Restaurant Port Village. Quite nice, with a calming scenery. Had an overdose of crabs, cooked in some blacksauce with dried shrimps (“HayBee?”) and chilly for the extra kick! Usually, I don’t like the taste of these dried shrimps, but the dried shrimp taste wasn’t overpowering. Long drive though from KL, and didn’t know my way around. The last time I came to Port Klang for seafood was a good 8 years ago I think, to Bagan with some friends. Naturally, the Klang friends would lead the way, as I have no clue as to the road directions in Klang and beyond.

And before I knew it, my weekend was over…..

No comments: