Thursday, April 27, 2006

Seafood

Another seafood dinner! This time in PJ’s “Unique Restaurant”. Only been here once before, and last night was the second time. Was raining very heavily in KL and PJ in the afternoon, and I think KL was flooded (I was on leave), so didn’t start the family dinner until almost 9pm as we were waiting for my eldest uncle to arrive. One of the signature dish is the “duck egg crabs”, I guess, hence the logo of the restaurant itself.

Parking was difficult, and surprisingly for a weekday, the place was packed. Upon entering, there were numerous water tanks on display, with the live seafood inside. So, I guess, the freshness is guaranteed. Heard that they import the seafood from overseas, hence the “inflated” prices of the dishes of the restaurant.

One noticeable sea creature was the snow crab. Quite a large crab, but white in colour, going for RM148 per kg! I think the largest crab I have seen was when I was in Australia, passing by a seafood restaurant, and they had crabs on display. Those were huge (deep sea king crabs?), but these snow crabs as well as other crabs on display were quite large as well.

Food was good, quality no doubt there, especially with the “live twitching lobster”, and then the lobster noodles, duck egg crabs, sweet and sour fish, and other dishes. I think I am overdosed on seafood this week, which reminded me of something one of my colleagues said. I think it went something like this. “Go on a ‘See Food’ diet…. ‘You see Food, you eat’”.

4 comments:

laymank said...

Haha! I like both Seafood and 'See Food' diets! :p

laymank said...

ah... i have an idea where to go for bonus treat this saturday...

Anonymous said...

This place serve fresh seafood but obviously very high price. Eh consume too much seafood last weekend at Tg Sepat. Prefer else thing leh. Maybe next time we can go Tg Sepat for cheap seafood.

Anonymous said...

Hey Laymank, meow and lsg,
The lobster noodle was very good, one of the better ones which I have tried. Both times I went, my uncle picked up the tab (since he invited!) Phewwww! :)