Saturday, February 14, 2009

25 random things about me

Following a tag from facebook, thought I would do another one here:

1) My confirmation name is John Vianney. He is the Patron Saint of Priests.
2) I do not like being forced to do things. If I would have liked to do it, I would have volunteered.
3) When someone forces me to do something, I would rebel and do the opposite.
4) I can simply chill with a good book and a cup of coffee or tea.
5) I need quietness when I am doing something serious or studying. I have never been able to study and listen to music at the same time.
6) I wish I could be more talkative. I suffer from the quiet person syndrome.
7) I have been told I don't express enough emotions, especially when I sing.
8) I used to collect a lot of things as a hobby. But now I focus on a few items only, that is, postcards and first day covers. I have a lot of them. Sometimes I wonder what I would do with them all.
9) My parents gave me a pair of rollerskates as a kid. I was very active with it and used to do leaps across the drains and stuff. Helped with my balancing, and when I finally tried ice-skating (first time in Telford, UK), I managed relatively well.
10) I think I slept walk a few times when I was a kid.
11) I rely too much on my sight-reading skills as I am kind of lazy to run through music before classes. Maybe that's why I don't put enough emotions when I sing in class. My teacher commented, "Like Kayu" (wooden) only.
12) I have forgotten the "ABC" song, but remember Twinkle-Twinkle little stars. Same tune, but different words. Tried singing it to my nephew today, and I fluffed the words!
13) I can't do summersaults. My body is not flexible.
14) I tried yoga once and nodded off in class. I think I may have snored away! (shy!). No more yoga for me.
15) I first encountered nutella in Germany. My friend's mum prepared hot buns for breakfast with nutella and it was simply fabulous!
16) I keep reminding myself "if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all". Maxim taken from the movie "Bambi". Watched it when I was young in the cinema. Sometimes hard to hold my tongue.
17) I don't think I have ever believed in santa claus when I was a kid. Yes, was definitely fascinated with the jingles, red nose, and all that happy things, but doubt if I ever believed he really existed.
18) My first penpal was from the USA, introduced by "The Big Blue Marble", a TV show I really liked to watch when young. I still have the picture my penpal sent.
19) I was enrolled in a Chinese school in Primary One, but refused to go to school after 1 week. My parents moved me to a Catholic School (but Malay batch).
20) I like to play with Legos, and other toys when young, and remembered my mum gave me a shell station legos set and my dad gave me a castle legos set when I was in Primary Two. They gave me the pressies I guess to comfort me as I had appendicitis.
21) I was very naughty when young, and used to run around alot.
22) Have never taken to football. I recall playing once as a goal keeper in primary school, and the ball went smack into my face! Never again!
23) Been told that I am too serious by half, and should lighten up occassionally.
24) I used to be addicted to coffee with four to five cups per day. Suffered withdrawal symptoms when I first weaned myself out of it in 1995. No longer addicted.
25) I don't get enough sleep during the weekdays, and usually catch up on my sleep during the weekends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So ngam one.. i wanted to do this also after the first 25 things in FB.. hmmph.. will find time. :D

I read your these 25 things ah.. Alex - you are such a nerd! LOL!

yes.. quite kayu.. not only in songs. Haha!

Anonymous said...

#1 John Vianney :) and you never use it.
#5 Agreed.
#12 I never realise it's same tune too. Wicked ;P
#20 Must had been caused from the running and jumping after eating.
#22 Where are your HANDS?? :) You are supposed to grasp the ball or hit it out.