Monday, December 08, 2008

The Immortal Iron Fist

When I was much younger, I bought a comic book about The Immortal Iron Fist. Not that Iron Fist was actually immortal, but a title granted for his fighting prowess. Was totally fascinated about the once in a decade appearance of a mystical city called K'un-Lun and the constant drive to train, fight and be number 1 to face Shou-Lao the Undying, to survive and earn the mantle of The Immortal Iron Fist.

Actually, had forgotten about this Marvel created character, until I recently won a RM100 book voucher from Borders at my company's recent annual dinner via a lucky draw. The emcee claimed that one in three will win a prize, and I got the vouchers! Yay!

And as I was browsing through the comics section in The Gardens, I saw The Immortal Iron Fist collection 1 (The Last Iron Fist Story) and 2 (The Seven Capital Cities of Heaven)! And yeah! I snapped them up! Just within budget too! :) Just finished reading the books, and was totally riveted. The second book was fascinating and explained quite a bit actually about K'un-Lun, but I think this is a 6-part collection!!! Now I have to wait for the next few collections to come out or hunt for the individual comics. Bummer! Think I will just wait...and wait...and wait for the collection books to be published. sigh...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only like a few comics - the Adventures of Asterix and Obelix.. and Betty & Veronica + Archie.

Anonymous said...

"The Seven Capital Cities of Heaven" looks delicious. Any good??

Anonymous said...

Hey gina, Oh, I read those too! :)

hi sharon, yep, better than the first one.